all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Not having access to a bench or barbells, should I give up on chest?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
I do my sandbag pushups similar to this, except I use a homemade pushup board and clean the bag from a kneeling posture:

QwYZ1M6l.jpg

I cannot imagine I'll ever need or want a bench again. These hit the pecs but also hit the entire anterior chain and you'll feel it in the mid back and lats as well.

Why not add some pushups 2-3 times a week and work up to some decent numbers? 2-3 sets of 50 or so. Once that's too easy try dips. Can be done with 2 sturdy chairs or saw horses. Jungle Gyms or gymnastic rings are cheap as well.

And if you want to give barbells and bench presses a try you will probably be better off if you have already gotten competent at these basic exercises.

This is exactly how I do my loaded PUs. The higher the bag on your back, and the further out over your hands you get makes a BIG difference in how much weight you support. Braced across a scale, these are about 190-200lbs with 55lbs of sand at the bottom, about 5% approx 10lbs less at the lock out. Pretty much linear increase in weight, with my 105lb bag I'm supporting about 255.

I cannot do these without using a pipe or my pushup board, my wrists won't take it.

This is exactly how I do my loaded PUs. The higher the bag on your back, and the further out over your hands you get makes a BIG difference in how much weight you support. Braced across a scale, these are about 190-200lbs with 55lbs of sand at the bottom, about 5% approx 10lbs less at the lock out. Pretty much linear increase in weight, with my 105lb bag I'm supporting about 255.

I cannot do these without using a pipe or my pushup board, my wrists won't take it.

Looks like you are supposed to be running a press... not training at work... :cool:

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom