Off hand on the swing

Oso Rojo

Double-Digit Post Count
I thought I saw a comment here the other day about the off hand on a single arm swing. It said it should be in a fist at the high point of the swing. After seeing that I noticed mine is a knife edge . What should the off hand be at the top of the swing?

Adam R Mundorf

More than 500 posts
I thought I saw a comment here the other day about the off hand on a single arm swing. It said it should be in a fist at the high point of the swing. After seeing that I noticed mine is a knife edge . What should the off hand be at the top of the swing?
Personally I don't think it really matters. I like to reach my hand out and touch the outside of the bell to make sure my shoulders are square. The fist position helps generate tension and gives you a solid finish position. I use either or.

Jan

More than 500 posts
As Adam said, it really does not matter. Just keep it in sync with the loaded hand, to prevent rotation of the upper body.

Oso Rojo

Double-Digit Post Count
Thanks. I started doing what I do because of the same reason you guys said. I have to constantly work on keeping my shoulders square and back.

Top Bottom