all posts post new thread

Old Forum opinions on superabbreviated low frequency training

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Thanks,

I will reduce the frequency to 2 times a week without  changing any other variables first & see what that does for a few months.

Then as logic would dictate & my  results deteriorate or even if they stay the same I will add volume, "aka Bear" .

will definitely not use the bent press for bear though, too technical I feel. might do the recommended side press though.

We will see. only 10kgs to go to 2x BW.

Right back again!

So tested my back squat not long after these posts, missed 100kg which was my previous max (disappointed as I kinda hoped adding 20kg to my dead would of at least kept my squat where it was)

Hit a 90kg Front squat though but I have never attempted a 1RM on this exercise .

Anyway, tested my max dead today after almost 6 months since my last attempt. Went in confident I was going to get 160kg. Barely broke it off the floor.

Had a good rest then tried 155kg thinking that maybe my form was off or I had been greedy with a 10kg jump since my last max attempt. Same problem broke it off the floor barely.

Training leading up to the 160kg attempt.

in 5.75 months of training, had trained on average 2 x a week.

standard PTP, flexible wave cycle with 5,3,2 static weight set/rep scheme .

Except for the last 2 months had added in zercher squats after deadlift & bent press.
for 3x5 reps static weight.

In comparison training leading up to 150 max attempt (which I made)

in 5.5 months of training, averaged 2.5 x a weeks (I think these numbers are off as during a 5 week road trip I GTG push ups & pistols but didn't record any of my training so had to mark each of the 5 weeks down as zero training)

standard PTP, flexible wave cycle with 5,3,2 static weight set/rep scheme

So take home is 2 x a week training elicited no greater improvements, if any thing it led to much smaller improvement.

I think what I may do now is keep training 2x a week but increase the volume of all lifts.
Will do a deadlift a press & a squat. Focussing mainly on the deadlift.

volume will probably be in the 15-25 rep range.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom