all posts post new thread

Pain and recovery after training

I also believe you have posted about back issues? Do you think you hold extra tension in your body to "guard" against tweaking your back? That might be another thing to consider.
My back is actually back to normal. Low bar squats and deadlifting helped.
I sit at my desk - yes. But I also train, dance and do daily mobility sessions.

A few things that seem to help me are:

1. When I wake up I take a cup of coffee outside to the hot tub and soak for about 20 minutes. There is a seat that runs the jets from my upper back down.

2. I stretch at night and keep a floor mat next to my desk to stretch on if I'm tight throughout the day.

3. I try to walk 20-40 minutes every morning.

4. Lastly, I usually do an ice bath when my body starts feeling inflamed and that seems to take care of it for quite a while when it does build up.

I really need to convince the wife to get one of these... That sounds like a good morning routine.
Man! I am telling you! It will change a lot. Being able to get your muscles on those jets really changes the game. And being able to soak in the hot water just relaxes everything. I get up at 5am every day and get in for 20 minutes before work. I really want an ice tub so I can go back and forth but for now I just put ice in the bath water and go back and forth for hot and cold contrasts.

Wait a second you mean it isn't normal to wake up every morning feeling like you got run over by a train?
Maybe not run over by a train, but imo if you push yourself with teh powerliftz especially past 40 some days are gonna be better than others. Especially for those with old injuries. Lol

Back
Top Bottom