all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Pavel's 4 Week Kettlebell Shred

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Fix your clean on the left side and you may well fix your press on the left side also.

You could ROP now with a 28 kg - happy to tell you how to "make" a 28 kg with 1" plates and duct tape if you need.

-S-

Fair call, the clean was pretty ordinary. I do plan on doing the ROP with the 28, at this stage i chose this 4 week program as I had a 4 week gap after finishing with the 24kg and saw it as a good intro to doubles. I am heading back to Australia (currently living in Calgary) for 6.5 weeks over Xmas. So plan was to finish this 4 week program, work on GTG/naked warrior over this break as will be at numerous locations and access to KB would be limited (if any). So that is current plan. New year still being planned. Would like to do the kettlebell course. I have had some video tuition with an SFG based in Edmonton and just recently found a Calgary based SFG and had a short 1 on 1.

Hey guys--thanks for this thread!! I was looking for a strength workout that I could fit in with karate and jujitsu and this is EXACTLY what I was looking for. I almost did the Art of Strength--Strength Matters program but I could not get myself past the 4 days a week/ exact same workout without thinking about boredom or injury due to repetition. The Kettlebell Shred looks great and I did day 1 this morning. Did 20kg instead of 24kg to test the waters, which was great because I could see where I needed to add weight or be patient of where I am. Appreciate the thread and the conversation. Cheers to all and their lifting goals/ strong lifestyle.

Bumping this old thread for a question -- has anyone kept the progression going for a few months? I.e., 5 reps to 6 in four weeks, then 6 to 7, etc? I'm working through 6 to 7 right now and am still enjoying the program.

Relatedly, does anyone have any thoughts on alternating this with something else? Was thinking perhaps four weeks of this, two weeks of the original PM, then four more of this. Or possibly four weeks of this, four weeks of Andrew Read's Recon Ron 2.0, alternating. Thoughts?

Hello,

@BrianBinVA
I did not try this program. Nonetheless, what I think is that it uses "big moves" (compound, no isolation) to work on the most muscle possible. This both builds muscle and torch fat. Basically, using a complexe with squat and press is in itself a good one. Whatever you might add (above all ballistic moves) will give a cardio dimension to consume even more fat. This improves your lean mass / total mass ratio.

G. Neupert also uses good complexes with excellent results.

Then it depends on what you are after: strength ? GPP ? cardio ? hypertrophy ? etc...

I am pretty cautious with the terms "shred", "ripped" and so on. Indeed, the visible abs battle is won (or lost) in the kitchen first.

Kind regards,

Pet'

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom