all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Pavel's 4 week Shred

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

kaptajnos

Level 2 Valued Member
Hello all you beautifull people.

First of all i wanna say thanks for all the super programs in here ! and from what i can read so far a super Freindly and helpfull Community :)

down to buisness :

I just started Pavel's Shred 4 weeks program, and i have a few quistions i hope a friendly soul can help me with:

First of all i cant do weighted pull ups, so im doing like 2-3 with the weight west on and the last 2-3 reps normal - is that cool you think?
On the monday/Thursday workout - i Had a small back issue a while back, which had made my left side really weak compared to my right, i can easylly press 24 with my right but with my left 16 for 8 is hard- the other day i did the 3 sets of 5 with a pair of 20kgs, but had to do the last 2 reps or so as a push press: would that be ok or would it be better to jump down to a pair of 16 and be able to do em "straight" ?
i put in a few rounds of pushups and legraises after the work out i hope that would still be ok
As for the Variete day wenesday im planning on doing a halv SS Session, something like 10 Getups as a EMOM type of thing. dunno if that will be to much ?

Alot of stupid Questions i know

Thanks in advance and With Love From Denmark

-Morten

@kaptajnos, welcome to the StrongFirst forum.

Could you provide a link to the program you're discussing?

Thanks.

-S-

You will be fine doing body weight pull ups or pulls ups as you describe.

What i thought Thanks North :) - Dunno what it is about those damn pullups, so hard to progress and been doing them for years :S

@Eyetic you might be right mate - i just found another post in here somewhere, where it was mentioned it was one of his .. could be a Pav Template combined with a few tweeks maybe... :) - a week in so far and it seem legit, i like the add of Pullsups (just because i would love to get better at em) Did STRONG in the past Awseome program too just missed the pullups. Maybe i should just buy Geoffs new program i rather support him then some random fitness dude

I was always interested to see what results people got with this program. I'm going on a limb here and will disagree with some postings here and say I think it is a Pavel program, maybe from years back but it seems "up his alley" as they say.

My question always was ... is starting with 3x5 of the presses and squats and then repeated again a misprint or the way it's intended?

@John Grahill - My guess is that it as intended, i feel its working really well doing 3x5 times 2 - you really get some Weights lifted, where i would say if it was "only" 3 sets of 5 it wouldnt be quite enough .
Ill keep pushing and i can write a small Rapup in 3 weeks time (if im still alive) ill keep doing my addon tweeks aswell for now unless i feel i cant recover from them - Been doing 10 min Getsups with the 28kgs on Wenesday, and added a some direct abb training and decline pushups after SQ/MP days.
Thanks for all the feedback !

-Morten

Ok guys, just finished my last workout of the 4 weeeks program.
I went with 2x 24kg bells for SQ- And 2x 20kg for presses.
For 2 hand swing i went with a 28kg Bell

Heres a small wrap up if someone is interested :)
on the monday/thursday workout, i put in 3 rounds of elavated feet pushups for 20x3 or mixed hands pushups,
and either 3 sets of leg raises or Abwheel - I beeen adding a few reps every session- ending up with something like - 3x20 pushups/mixed stand) 20x3 Abwheel or 20x3 leg raises.
finished off with 3 sets of buttoms up kettlebell Curl with a light 12kg bell for 3x5 rep sceme same as the program.

My Press progress - i went from doing 2 strict presses and rest pushpress ----->, to on good day being able to do 6 strict the first 2 sets.

As for pullups : I went with a 10kg Vest - First week i could maybe get 2 reps in with the vest on rest without.
Now on a good day i managed 6 with the Vest on for 1 set , rest was 5 with and 1 without.

As for SQ- 2x24 is faily easy and never really got that challeging.

The Swing days get kinda Rough in the end 25 min of EMOM 10 swings is Tough, for the hands and for the mind, and im glad i did em with my 28kg and not my 32kg tbh...

On Offdays i did Getups with 28/32kg Bell

Body weight - went from something like 76kg- 77.5kg-
Age 42
All in all a decent program, i would dif try it again in the future, i might just bump of the scheme like starting with 6 instead of the 4.

Love from Denmark :)

Last edited:
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom