all posts post new thread

Barbell Post-Smolov Squat Base Mesocycle

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

tobrien

Level 4 Valued Member
Hello. I just finished the Smolov Squat Base mesocycle. I added 50 lbs to my 1RM on the squat. I've read that to maintain the gains, you have to squat multiple days a week for 2+ more weeks in order to maintain those gains. Does anyone have any insight into this? Any recommendations for a 2 week program to follow? Thanks in advance!

Awesome. I was hoping it was in that range vs. 185 => 235 :)

I'm afraid I don't actually know the answer to your question, however. If you need some time to figure out what to do next, I'd imagine a couple sessions a week of working up to a single heavy set of 2 at perhaps 405 would keep your new gains in place while you make a plan.

Great work.

If you enjoyed the volume of Smolov, then look at Sheiko moving forward. Lots of volume and frequency on all of the big 3 lifts.

I would credit Sheiko's programs for my IPF elite total and saw the biggest gains in the squat and bench. I had been competing 12 years when I first encountered Sheiko and so they were far from newbie gains.

Last edited:
you started with smolov too early. i would do 5x5 with varying intensity 3 days a week

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom