all posts post new thread

Barbell PTTP vs Starting Strength Deadlift

Thanks everyone for the excellent discussion. Exactly what I was looking for.

@Steve Freides - thank you for the thoughts. Honestly I had you in mind when I started the thread anyway. I am aware that I don’t bend down to the bar with a flat back, although I do try to flatten it before pulling. I’ll check out the link you recommended and that Brett posted. At some point I also purchased the SF Barbell Fundamentals course and feel I should revisit it now…

@Adachi - Thank you for the thoughtful response. That’s interesting about the chest up thought. I will try it. I captured some clips of my lifts today and definitely don’t think my chest was “up” at all.

Just for fun…. Here is some work from today. This was the first time I ever attempted an alternate grip. It felt weird and I didn’t feel like I got as tight as I wanted. Third set is hook grip, which I am more used to, but not sure I have the potential to go heavy with it.

As a “funny” side note, my wife is complaining that I am rattling (and ruining) the house. I wonder what she will think if I am ever slinging heavy weight around. I am sure some of you might hear similar comments. Hahaha.

Just for fun…. Here is some work from today. This was the first time I ever attempted an alternate grip. It felt weird and I didn’t feel like I got as tight as I wanted. Third set is hook grip, which I am more used to, but not sure I have the potential to go heavy with it.

As a “funny” side note, my wife is complaining that I am rattling (and ruining) the house. I wonder what she will think if I am ever slinging heavy weight around. I am sure some of you might hear similar comments. Hahaha.

Both sets look great to me! Nice work with both different types of grips.

There are two different Conventional Deadlift Styles

1) Olympic Lift Deadlift Style

The Deadlift is initiated by breaking the weight off the floor by Leg Drive, as some have stated, by pushing the bar away from the floor, In other word Leg Pressing the weight off the floor,.

This Deadlift Method ensures Olympic Lifter to position the bar for the Second Pull,
Here's a good description of why Olympic Lifters deadlift differently, initiating with a a push of the bar away from the floor. He describes it as approaching it more like a squat.

Your knees don't look completely locked out to me.

-S-

Back
Top Bottom