all posts post new thread

Bodyweight Pull ups for Tall guys at home or on the road.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Tall guy Andrew

Level 4 Valued Member
As my Forum name indicates, I am tall. I'm 6 feet 6 inches (~198cm) tall and can easily reach my ceiling by reaching up. I also live in an apartment where the best pull up bar I could get is one that fits on the door frame, which I barely fit under.

I have read in Mr. Tsatsouline's works that pull ups should be done with a bar high enough for my feet to be off of the ground. This is possible at my gym, but not at home or on the road, where I often find myself due to my job.

Is there an alternate method of doing pullups that is nearly as effective? Bent knees? Legs raised? What is the best possible substitution?

Thanks

As @offwidth said: l-sit pullups are a great alternative. If you get good at them regular pullups are a walk in the park. Another alternative is to simply not do tactical pullups as described by Pavel. You can do pullups with your knees bent and chest out. These will work more on the back muscles while tactical pullups also imvolve the abs to a great extend.

Hello,

@Tall guy Andrew
You can use a resistance band between the door and the door frame. Then, you can put yourself on the knees and pulling.

Kind regards,

Pet'

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom