all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed Push-Pull: Reverse

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

DrG

Level 2 Valued Member
Hi everyone,

A little feedback from the program "71. Push-Pull: Reverse" from KB Express by Geoff Neupert.
Very good program, based on the two-handed swing and dips and self-regulation.

I chose it for 2 reasons:
- to rest a sore long biceps
- to do dips (I love dips and my shoulders can handle them well).

I didn't overeat too much. My weight hasn't changed much.

The sessions are:
- short (20 minutes)
- intense cardio (up to 170 bpm)
- not boring

I did it like this:
- kb heavy (40kg, my reference weight for Q&D is 32kg, sets are never more than 10 2H swings)
- Dips on a M/L/H format - 4/3/5
- a controlled increase in volume (on 1'30"/1'20"/1'10"/1'00")

Excellent feel. Volume is manageable.

All in all: another very good program.
I will probably do it again, increasing the Dips (6/5/7 then 8/7/9) on the next cycles with the same time control and the same volume of swings).

But first a week of testing. Then I'll see if I start a new cycle or if I start (finally!) The King-Sized Killer.

Thank you @Geoff Neupert !

I did it like this:
- kb heavy (40kg, my reference weight for Q&D is 32kg, sets are never more than 10 2H swings)
- Dips on a M/L/H format - 4/3/5
- a controlled increase in volume (on 1'30"/1'20"/1'10"/1'00")
Does this mean swings and dips on the 1'30" or alternate rounds.

@taro I don't know exactly. Maybe 15-18. But it's adaptable. I think if you have a 3RM BW dips you can do the program, starting with 1 dips each round and managing the weight of the swings properly.

And I'd rather increase the difficulty of the dips (like Bulgarian or Korean dips) than add weight given the program (hard to load quickly, unless you keep a weighted vest, which will inevitably change the mechanics of the swing...)

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom