all posts post new thread

Old Forum Question for FMS Providers and the Like

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Thank you all for your input.

@Zach: I will try a wider stance again, though I have found through trial and error that a narrower stance allows me to get a better glute snap at the top of the swing, protecting my low-back from overextension.

@Brett: I will definitely get side view next time I swing. I agree that a little more foot turn-out would yield a more effective start position for my deadlift. However, I have bizarrely high arches and a rearfoot varus deformity. This makes it very difficult for me to keep my big toe on the ground and prevent myself from rolling to the outside of my feet, unless I keep them pointed straight ahead. Also, on the disc issue, I'm flying for a surgical consultation next week. I've pretty much exhausted my conservative treatment options and am considering a laser discectomy.

@aciampa: You are correct that I am definitely biased towards flexion. I probably do this unconsciously to stay out extension, which exacerbates my disc issues. I've been trying to work on my thoracic mobility for some time to no real avail.

Ben,

I misinterpreted your post, for some reason read the pain in the back was resolved.  Definitely get that resolved before resuming swing training.  The times I've had injuries, shut things down for awhile, and focused on movement quality have resulted in greater strength gains than pre-injury. Hope you get to work with those who were referred to you.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom