all posts post new thread

Bodyweight Questions on Super Joints GTG and 1LS balance in mornings

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

GreenSoup

Level 6 Valued Member
I like getting workouts done in the morning. With my schedule it is the best option.

My selected Super Joints exercises for 100+ reps would be easier if done GTG. It just makes room for more of my strength training for most of SJ to be done between sets. Would an equal volume of SJ GTG achieve the same beneficial mobility effect?

Another strange thing about training in early mornings is the reduction in balance. In a previous cycle when letting an arm injury rest I was doing BW pistol squats for endurance. On any day my balance was always terrible on my first early morning set. I found that later sets in the morning were much better, with the last always the best in regard to balance. On the occasional days I could train even later I found that any time two hours after waking up (all the way up to the evening) was as good as any of my previous best morning sets for balance.

So is there a secret to becoming balanced on one foot right away in the morning?

I like getting workouts done in the morning. With my schedule it is the best option.

My selected Super Joints exercises for 100+ reps would be easier if done GTG. It just makes room for more of my strength training for most of SJ to be done between sets. Would an equal volume of SJ GTG achieve the same beneficial mobility effect?

Another strange thing about training in early mornings is the reduction in balance. In a previous cycle when letting an arm injury rest I was doing BW pistol squats for endurance. On any day my balance was always terrible on my first early morning set. I found that later sets in the morning were much better, with the last always the best in regard to balance. On the occasional days I could train even later I found that any time two hours after waking up (all the way up to the evening) was as good as any of my previous best morning sets for balance.

So is there a secret to becoming balanced on one foot right away in the morning?
I grease the groove mobility work and find that to be more effective than just doing them all in one shot.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom