Rack position turkish get up

Petri

Still New to StrongFirst Forum
Question. How many of you have done rack position TGU's? To my suprise I could find only one video.

In the video at one part it could almost be a bent press position. What about even tighter rack position TGU where the bell is in contact with your chest the whole time and you do it with a rocking forward motion instead of a bridge or similar.

Any thoughts?

Snowman

Quadruple-Digit Post Count
What about even tighter rack position TGU where the bell is in contact with your chest the whole time and you do it with a rocking forward motion instead of a bridge or similar.

Any thoughts?
I tried that a while ago, but couldn't figure out a good way to prevent it from falling forward across my chest (besides moving it into the bent press rack for part of the movement). If you could find a way to hold it in the crook of your arm like a sand bag it might work.

guardian7

More than 500 posts
Question. How many of you have done rack position TGU's? To my suprise I could find only one video.

In the video at one part it could almost be a bent press position. What about even tighter rack position TGU where the bell is in contact with your chest the whole time and you do it with a rocking forward motion instead of a bridge or similar.

Any thoughts?
Couldn't you start with a normal one, then rack it before you stand up. Then press it up from the kneeling position and do a normal finish. This would add some presses and more dynamic work while keeping a low ceiling. I like the loaded carry added. That would be fierce time under tension and this modification would get in a couple reps of pressing.

People could also do up to the tall sit repeats with a heavy bell as a kind of situp workout if ceiling and floor hardness on the knee is an issue. A certified instructor suggested unloaded tall sits in volume as an exercise. You alternate side each rep quickly, kind of like a ju-jitsu style exercise.

rwleonard

Double-Digit Post Count
Watching that kinda freaked me out a little bit. Funny how you get used to seeing something one way.

the hansenator

More than 500 posts
Tell us how you found it to be. Will try myself tomorrow.
It felt a little awkward at first because it's unfamiliar but it seems fine. I can even do it downstairs where the ceiling is too low for the "normal" version.

Seems like less shoulder stabilization needed in this version. I've been mostly doing heavy 1/4 ups because of how it works the core and shoulder stabilizers.

Top Bottom