all posts post new thread

Repeat Until Strong.

You will not be as strong as someone else, but you will definitely do your best to be the best version of you. Be disciplined, motivation sucks. Do something everyday to achieve a goal, something is alway better than nothing.

Any advice for progressing 1 arm swings on timeless sessions if you don’t have access to a heavier bell for a long period of time?

Any advice for progressing 1 arm swings on timeless sessions if you don’t have access to a heavier bell for a long period of time?
High pull or snatch. I would lower the volume though, or wave it - 40, 60, 80 total reps look good to me.

I’m not there yet, but eventually would you advise just doing the Q&D snatch protocol if I still have just the one bell at that time?

Obviously double bells have their place, but it seems like you favor single bells and programs. Any particular reason? Just curious.

Obviously double bells have their place, but it seems like you favor single bells and programs. Any particular reason? Just curious.
Double bells are great, but yes, I do love single kettlebell programs very much. Simplicity, plus just personal preference I guess. One man/woman, one kettlebell.

Today's Practice: Timeless Sinister
  • 3x5 goblet squat - 48 kg, 48 kg, 56 kg
  • 10x10 one-arm swings - 48 kg, 48 kg, 56 kg, 56 kg, 48 kg, 48 kg - always left, rest, right, rest, and so on.
  • 10x1 get-ups - 48 kg, 48 kg, 48 kg (+10 sec hold in the floor press), 48 kg (+10 sec hold in the floor press), 48 kg - always left and right, rest, and so on.

Last edited:
  • 10x10 two-arm swings - 48 kg, 48 kg, 56 kg, 56 kg, 48 kg, 48 kg - always left, rest, right, rest, and so on.
  • 10x1 get-ups - 48 kg, 48 kg, 48 kg (+10 sec hold in the floor press), 48 kg (+10 sec hold in the floor press), 48 kg - always left and right, rest, and so on.

• 10x10 one-arm swings - 48 kg, 48 kg, 56 kg, 56 kg, 48 kg, 48 kg - always left, rest, right, rest, and so on.

I love S&S, moreover I think I'm addicted to the practice. I do Goblet Squats, Swings, and Tactical Getups. Recently even added Prying Goblet Squats, and every time I complete the session I feel strong.
After one cycle of From Simple to Sinister today morning I completed 100 One-Arm Swings in 4:50. TacGU in 3:00, and since there is no requirements for Tactical Getups I thought maybe some would be created?

By the way, would you assess TacGU vid in my log?

Last edited:
Sir,

Due to my right wrist injury I can not correctly perform TGU. Thus, I decided to try mentioned in your book Tactical Get-up.
Would you please assess the movement. Since there are no standards for Tactical Get-up in Timed Simple, is is possible to count this kind of GU in S&S?

Can't wait to receive a reply from you.

Michal

Sir,

Due to my right wrist injury I can not correctly perform TGU. Thus, I decided to try mentioned in your book Tactical Get-up.
Would you please assess the movement. Since there are no standards for Tactical Get-up in Timed Simple, is is possible to count this kind of GU in S&S?

Can't wait to receive a reply from you.

Michal

Also an option and a variation - but what is usually called a "Tactical Get-Up" is this:

Can you perform this variation?

Monday's Practice: Timeless Sinister
  • 3x5 goblet squat - 48 kg, 56 kg, 56 kg
  • 10x10 two-arm swings - 48 kg, 48 kg,48 kg, 48 kg, 56 kg, 56 kg, 56 kg, 56 kg,56 kg, 56 kg.
  • 10x1 get-ups - 48 kg, 48 kg, 48 kg (+10 sec hold in the floor press), 48 kg (+10 sec hold in the floor press), 48 kg (+10 sec hold in the floor press) - always left and right, rest, and so on.
  • 3x5 goblet squat - 48 kg, 56 kg, 56 kg
  • 10x10 one-arm swings - 48 kg, 48 kg, 56 kg, 56 kg, 56 kg - always left, rest, right, rest, and so on.
  • 10x1 get-ups - 48 kg, 48 kg, 48 kg (+10 sec hold in the floor press), 48 kg (+10 sec hold in the floor press), 48 kg (+10 sec hold in the floor press) - always left and right, rest, and so on.

Back
Top Bottom