all posts post new thread
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Kyle Kowalczuk

Level 5 Valued Member
I’m 6 weeks in to ROTKB. I was feeling particularly good and decided to test my max dkb press before the heavy day workout. I was surprised to press the 44+40 at a bodyweight of 76kg. I know the program goal is to press bw but was wondering how far this could go or if anyone has taken it well beyond a bodyweight press.

That’s unreal! Such an amazing result.

How much of an improvement is that for you? How are you liking the program overall? Out of interest, do you do the double snatches to commence your presses?

That’s unreal! Such an amazing result.

How much of an improvement is that for you? How are you liking the program overall? Out of interest, do you do the double snatches to commence your presses?
Thank you! It’s about an 8kg improvement. I like the program a lot as the double kb clean and press/jerk is one of my favorite movements.

Yes I start each rung with a double snatch then press

Thank you! It’s about an 8kg improvement. I like the program a lot as the double kb clean and press/jerk is one of my favorite movements.

Yes I start each rung with a double snatch then press
Eight kilos in six weeks!! Even more impressive given it wasn’t your sole exercise, though you’re obviously doing the program as written.

I’m always intrigued by people’s experiences of ROTK because it seems to beat some trainees up, while others (like you) really thrive on it. Recovery needs obviously diverge a lot!

Eight kilos in six weeks!! Even more impressive given it wasn’t your sole exercise, though you’re obviously doing the program as written.

I’m always intrigued by people’s experiences of ROTK because it seems to beat some trainees up, while others (like you) really thrive on it. Recovery needs obviously diverge a lot!
I’ve done well on high volume pressing plans before. I usually get good strength and hypertrophy gains from it, which has happened this time, until my shoulder get cranky after a few weeks.

Don’t know if that worked

Great job dude on that press dude! Two questions, if you'll humor me - do you use offset doubles for a reason, and what are you doing with those 28/32s on your heavy days?

Love the kiddo. Last night I took 3-4" off my beard (leaving about an inch left) and my 7 y/o says "Ugh! You look awful. You should shave the rest of it off."

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom