all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Russian kettlebell moves I have not seen before

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
I saw it too. I do the wrist ones. When I first started I could barely use an 8kg for the flip back and forth on left. Now I can do a few using the 16kg. Going backwards was the hardest, of course. I can tell a difference in finger strength when opening stuff where I can just use my fingers and not my whole hand, like before, on some items.

I did find I could not do these more than once or twice per week because I had some cramping during the day. I think since swings works the same area it could over done easily.

I saw it too. I do the wrist ones. When I first started I could barely use an 8kg for the flip back and forth on left. Now I can do a few using the 16kg. Going backwards was the hardest, of course. I can tell a difference in finger strength when opening stuff where I can just use my fingers and not my whole hand, like before, on some items.

I did find I could not do these more than once or twice per week because I had some cramping during the day. I think since swings works the same area it could over done easily.

Yeah, they looked good. Chalk another one up for the kettlebell over the dumbell. It seems quite different from a wrist curl or even a lever with a longer piece of equipment.

I like the look of that figure 8 and high horizontal back and forth.

It would seem to involve much more core bracing than the around the world.

Also, in boxing, moving the heavy medicine ball back and forth quickly without rotating is a great core drill. This KB variation would seem to take it to a new level.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom