all posts post new thread

Kettlebell S&S 2.0 - "Customize the Rate of Progression"

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
I've been following this thread for a while. Progression has always been difficult for me to manage (I tend to push ahead before I'm ready).

Personally, I love the idea of moving up to the 36 or 40 before trying the simple challenge at 32. One thing that works really well for me is using a heavy weight to get better at the lighter weight.

Right now I do my S&S sets as 24, 24, 32, 24, 24. Those last two 24's feel so much easier. I'm thinking I won't even attempt the simple challenge with the 32 until I can do timeless simple with the 36 or 40.

I'm currently at 28-32-32-32-28. Going back down to the 28 for the last sets of both swings and getups feels easier and smoother.

After getting to Timeless Simple, my plan is to get a 36 and progress in the exact same manner, except for adding in a timed session once a week (dropping down to 24 for that). I've had pretty continuous progression from early Jan, starting with the 16. Having 4kg bell jumps made that possible. I can't imagine jumping 24 straight to 32, let alone 32 to 40!

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom