all posts post new thread

Kettlebell S&S Consecutive Get-ups

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Is there a specific spot in the get-up with 32kg that you get stuck? Like, can you get to your palm in the tall sit position and then you can't get any further?
I can roll to press but it takes two hands to do so. That’s as far as I’ve been comfortable with. I’ve completed all 10 reps in 10 minutes several times with the 24kg. The 32kg will just take more time, but I’m patient!

P.S. I will be consulting with a StrongFirst team leader tomorrow!

Keep us posted how the consultation goes
It was amazing! Tony Gracia really impressed me with his professionalism, patience and friendliness.

The biggest take-away for me was that it’s not the programming of the TGU that needs to be tweaked, it’s my technique. Lots of eye-opening advice and “AHA!” moments. For example, “telescoping” my elbow through the lift to maintain the lockout made a remarkable difference!

I will definitely be revisiting him in the near future.

It was amazing! Tony Gracia really impressed me with his professionalism, patience and friendliness.

The biggest take-away for me was that it’s not the programming of the TGU that needs to be tweaked, it’s my technique. Lots of eye-opening advice and “AHA!” moments. For example, “telescoping” my elbow through the lift to maintain the lockout made a remarkable difference!

I will definitely be revisiting him in the near future.

Thanks for coming by to train! I'm glad you found it helpful and hope it will be useful in advancing towards your goals. Please keep me posted on how things progress :)

Something I’ve been experimenting with lately...

Set an interval timer to beep every 15 seconds and move from position to position. I find it’s best to have a full interval to rest between reps to change sides.

Eg... beep, put the bell down, beep, rest, beep, pick the bell up, beep, move to a low sit, beep, move to a high sit etc

Use a light bell (I like my 24kg for this) and see how long you can keep going. One get up should take 3 min.

Just my 2 cents. Good luck!

FWIW I spent a month whispering sweet nothings to my new 40kg before I touched it.
It would range from terms of endearment to absolute profanity.
Always ending with I’m gonna own you.
Visualization every time I walked past the KB.

Barriers are mental as well as physical.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom