all posts post new thread

Kettlebell S&S Recomp Results

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

cmerrow

Level 6 Valued Member
At the beginning August of last year, I started working toward the S&S Simple goal. Since the release of Version 2.0, my motto has been “don’t do it if it’s not in the book” – no add-ins, tweaks, or exercise substitutions.

Prior to then, for several years, S&S was more of a go-to routine when some other form of training wasn’t a distraction. In hindsight, this was a huge mistake.

While I have yet to achieve the Simple goal, I have made what I consider great progress in eight months. For example, I now use the 32kg exclusively when training the Swing. Alas, I’m weaker with the TGU, but I have graduated from the 24kg to a 28kg within the last month or so.

Along the way, I’ve experienced some excellent body recomposition:
  • August 9, 2019: 185.1 lbs., 33.5” waist
  • April 10, 2020: 179.4 lbs., 32” waist
I believe this equates to simultaneous fat loss and slight LBM gain (see the attached photo).

FWIW, I’ll be 51 years old next month.

Anyway, I just wanted to point out what can happen if you patiently “keep the goal, the goal.” The real magic DOES begin when maintaining focus and owning the heavier weights.

Thanks to @Pavel Macek , @Marc , and @Tony Gracia for their generous advice and guidance.

Attachments

• E8A64DB3-B1C2-4FA1-BB14-DD651F5A70B0.jpeg
    E8A64DB3-B1C2-4FA1-BB14-DD651F5A70B0.jpeg
    105.9 KB · Views: 313
Fantastic! WOW!
There is enough giong on in S&S to cover anything any of us really want - like practical strength, endurance, cardio, looks.
I don't look as good as you do, nor am I as dedicated in my training, but my physique is similar as a result of S&S.

Great work - congrats

I am also finding my TGU lagging behind progress in swings

But your example is inspirational to this 51 yr-old who just started the S&S journey 2 months ago

Hello,

Below are a few threads (I guess there are others) regarding S&S / strength training and aesthetics, which is most of the time some kind of pleasing by product:

Kind regards,

Pet'

Great work - congrats

I am also finding my TGU lagging behind progress in swings

But your example is inspirational to this 51 yr-old who just started the S&S journey 2 months ago
Admittedly, my slower TGU progress may be due to a “low ceiling” issue through November of last year. At the suggestion of @Tony Gracia (check out Industrialstrengthgym on Instagram), I did only 1/2 Get-ups during that time.

Try doing a kneeling press. That's what I am doing at the moment

At the beginning August of last year, I started working toward the S&S Simple goal. Since the release of Version 2.0, my motto has been “don’t do it if it’s not in the book” – no add-ins, tweaks, or exercise substitutions.

Prior to then, for several years, S&S was more of a go-to routine when some other form of training wasn’t a distraction. In hindsight, this was a huge mistake.

While I have yet to achieve the Simple goal, I have made what I consider great progress in eight months. For example, I now use the 32kg exclusively when training the Swing. Alas, I’m weaker with the TGU, but I have graduated from the 24kg to a 28kg within the last month or so.

Along the way, I’ve experienced some excellent body recomposition:
  • August 9, 2019: 185.1 lbs., 33.5” waist
  • April 10, 2020: 179.4 lbs., 32” waist
I believe this equates to simultaneous fat loss and slight LBM gain (see the attached photo).

FWIW, I’ll be 51 years old next month.

Anyway, I just wanted to point out what can happen if you patiently “keep the goal, the goal.” The real magic DOES begin when maintaining focus and owning the heavier weights.

Thanks to @Pavel Macek , @Marc , and @Tony Gracia for their generous advice and guidance.

Awsome progress! I'm glad I could help!

I and many people I am recommending it to are making great progress. Did you choose "body recomposition"?

Any particular diet or nutrition you followed?
I just plugged my numbers into the free Precision Nutrition online calculator and went with the default settings. For me, that works out to an iso-caloric diet (an even ratio of protein, carbs & fat). I've also adhered to a 16/8 IF schedule for many years now.

16/8 for the win.........again. Two meals or three in your eight hour window?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom