all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Simple Strength for Difficult Times – Question

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Martin Go

First Post
Hello to all students of strength,

can I follow this program in a different way? (one time)

First, I'll do all the squats. Then all the Push series. Finally, all series of pulls.

What you think?

What is your reason for doing such?

One hidden benefit of the slow circuit approach IMHO it allows you to manage fatigue better

Jaki jest twój powód, dla którego to robisz?

Jedna ukryta korzyść z podejścia IMHO do wolnego obwodu pozwala lepiej radzić sobie ze zmęczeniem
I use this program for little hypertrophy and little gains in strength. Works fine, but I want a little change. I wonder if I will destroy the results.

What change are you looking for exactly? I won't say destroy but unless you have enough experience programming, I would stick to it as written.

My n=2 experience is I ran this program with a single 24kg.. Ended up being able squat the 40kg for 3 reps afterwards and my wife pressed the 16kg for 10 reps

I use this program for little hypertrophy and little gains in strength. Works fine, but I want a little change. I wonder if I will destroy the results.
Why not run it with a different set of exercises, if a little change is all you want?

I ran it twice back to back over summer and liked it. The circuit format helped keep me fresh and engaged. I generally compressed the rest periods a bit in the early weeks and extended them in the last couple of weeks. I think that if took away the circuit format, you might burn out a bit as the reps add up, especially later weeks.

The drawback of the circuit design is equipment availability for exercise selection. I couldn’t Barbell bench and squat for instance.

@Martin Go, comments are still open on that article. The best way to get Fabio's answer, should you desire that, would be for you to make a comment on the article and ask your question there.

-S-

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom