all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Sinister training with a 24kg bell only

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Simply strong

Level 4 Valued Member
Just a thought experiment...

Could one train only with a 24kg bell (just one so no stacked exercises or doubles) and become strong enough to achieve Sinister?

Like you’d never trained with kettlebells before, you got a 24kg bell and started training. After a while you stumble upon a 48kg bell and you’ve traind so effectively you can just achieve Sinister the first time you pick it up.

If so I’d love to know what training protocols you’d put in place!!

Honestly couldn’t see how that could be achieved. When I have moved up 4kg between bells it has taken 6 months to adjust never mind meeting the testing standards associated with the heavier bell. I topped out with the 44 kg last year and could cope with lots of volume but compressing it into the testing timeframes was a different story. Maybe someone blessed with genetic gifts could do it but I’d be doubtful if the vast majority of normal adults could. The SAID principle comes into focus particularly within the time frames associated with sinister. Try and see and feed back.

Just a thought experiment...

Could one train only with a 24kg bell (just one so no stacked exercises or doubles) and become strong enough to achieve Sinister?

Like you’d never trained with kettlebells before, you got a 24kg bell and started training. After a while you stumble upon a 48kg bell and you’ve traind so effectively you can just achieve Sinister the first time you pick it up.

If so I’d love to know what training protocols you’d put in place!!
Highly unlikely.

-S-

Women's Sinister standard is 24kg for get-ups, so 50% of hypothetical trainees would achieve 50% of the standard...

Not sinister, but simple propably. But then you had to build lot more volume and propably do also overspeed eccentrics etc...

You could build your volume in get ups from 10 to 20 and do multiple reps, not just singles.. with swings you had to do overspeed eccentrics and do some snatches too instead of swings.

Propably one could achieve sinister working with something like 40kg, but not at least much lighter bell...

Simple, possible. You can at a point switch to specialized variety by doing snatches in place of swings..

Sinister, unlikely

Well, one thing is being able to lift the Beast - and another one to do it according to the time standards. That should take more specific preparation, I believe.

That being said, Brandon Hetzler has stated that he was ready for Sinister after being able to do his Simply Sinister routine with a 40kg. However - he has had his go at the Sinister standard before, so he was just "rediscovering" his strength.
Source: The Simply Sinister Training Plan | StrongFirst

But I like the thought experiment, because you would need to use all kind of strategies to really milk your training bell.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom