all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Soju and Tuba Press Program - Twice a week?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

NonStop

Level 5 Valued Member
Hi,

Could the soju and tuba press program be done twice a week - or is that too little volume?

Thanks in advance!

"Twice a week" is infrequency. The answer is no, it will not work, especially for MP.

Just because I work out 4 times a week and am very much a fan of upper/lower split. However, I am pretty sure I can see myself doing 3x a week with this program in the future.

Hello,

@NonStop
I ran S&T program. This is based on a minimum daily dose. If you do not have this dose, I think it will not deliver as well as expected because you will not have enough volume.

If religiously followed, it works very well.

I did not test what follows, but in that case, maybe you can add just 1 or 2 sets during your training days, to "compensate".

Kind regards,

Pet'

Just because I work out 4 times a week and am very much a fan of upper/lower split. However, I am pretty sure I can see myself doing 3x a week with this program in the future.

My humble 2 cents, at times we need to put our biases aside to make a program work..

How much are you pressing at the moment?

My humble 2 cents, at times we need to put our biases aside to make a program work..

How much are you pressing at the moment?

I very much agree, I can see myself doing just that in the near future. For the moment I am going to give the triple progressions system I mentioned earlier a go as it fits in nicely with 4 days a week training. However I can see myself giving the S+T system a go.

Current overhead press strength is 5RM with 30kg DB (actually hit 3x5 with 5min rest periods with 30kg DB so possibly closer to 6RM) and 3RM with 32kg KB.

For overhead presses I would say 2x/week is too infrequent. You need a decent volume on those.
OAP/OAOLP are a different story though. I progressed very good on OAP using the following routine: Strength Cycling for Continuous Improvement
But for overhead presses more volume is def king!

Hello,

@NonStop
Below, you will find several threads related to S&T:
Soju and Tuba to Pass a Sticking Point
Soju and Tuba and low vs high volume presses
S&S with Soju and Tuba press program

Otherwise, based on the daily dose deadlift program, here is a daily dose press program, designed by @Steve Freides . It works well!
one arm press (post#23)

Kind regards,

Pet'

Thank you, those links are really insightful. So much so I'm very much tempted to adapt what I'm doing now to 3x a week so I can do S+P!

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom