all posts post new thread

Space Log

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
I bought a notebook yesterday. I'm going to continue my log handwritten and more detailed in this notebook.
This public log feels alot like I'm creating content. I'm training just for myself and I'm going to keep that to myself.
I find myself lately thinking: " Oh - I have to put this and that to the log as well. Every push up is relevant..."
No one cares anyway.. ;)
I hear you on all fronts there. I like to see others' programs and progress, but if the notebook works well then go for it!
For someone just getting into trying to achieve some fitness goals (for the second time) this helps me a little in the accountability space.
Not that anyone would call me out if I stopped.
Your program seems well-balanced and all the best in your aims, i.e., "Not to get injured again. Stay healthy and lean."
Those are noble pursuits.

I feel you, i can be like that sometimes too. Now though i really just have like 2-4 ppl following me. So, I know that I’m talking to those ppl. It’s turned into a bit of a sounding board/journal/form check board for me. Try not posting pics.

Reactions: spc
Thank you people for your kind words.
My problem is just, that I'm thinking too much about the log.
I go out in the morning for my Tai Chi - Only the sky, the stars and me (and some dog walkers, rabbits,, birds and foxes) and all I do is to think about the log and what to write and so on.
That is really annoying. I can't seem ro find peace of mind. I get too excited about it all.
It just distracts me too much.
Besides, I really want to write with my hands again - more often - See what it brings..
So - I hope you understand.
But I'll read yours! Promised ;)

I've been tested positive with covid today. I've got symptoms since yesterday. My girlfriend catched it at work. (She's a highschool teacher and already positive since tuesday.) I felt quiet weak yesterday, with sore throat and a running nose. Even though I was boostered last week.
I feel a little dizzy, like behind a cloud or something. Typical flue symptomes, I guess.
Well--- No training so far.
I'm going to use this time to redefine and refine my training.
What I found out is that it is too demanding for me to go running. I stopped it last year for a couple of month and started to train in december with 2 min. run, 2 min walk for a couple of weeks. Eventually came back to "full throttle", the way I used to do it before. But somehow I don't recover well and my legs are kind of funny. No pain or such, but kind of tired.
I decided to quit running for good.
For some years I try to find the "perfect training" - but there is always too much I want to do. I tried a dice system with six differnt workouts, to have it all. But some things went lost, due to numbers shown ...
But now, yes people, now i got it! This time for real. ;)
I fit in "optional" training. So there is no longer the pressure to do it. Optional in my case will be cardio - in form of a 20 mile bike ride.
So after thinking what is really essential and benifitial for me I came to the following conclusion:
  • Mon: S&S (optional bike ride)
  • Tue: Q&D and Rucking
  • Wed: Yoga
  • Thu: S&S (optional bike ride)
  • Fri: Yoga
  • Sat: Q&D and Rucking
  • Sun: Rest
In short - 2 x of each.
And if I feel like, what will often be the case, I grab my bike and go for it.
I will give this a try and see if it'll serve me for all around fitness and health training.
To quit running shall save my knees and ankles in the long run. I feel, like I had my share. I really enjoyed it, but it takes more than it delivers.
I ride bike on a daily basis anyway. So there will always be some light cardio and I have my "optional days".
Should be enough...
For now I try to rest and recover from covid, hoping not to catch any "Long-Covid".

Covid was mild. Nothing more than sore throat.

Mon. Jan. 31. 22
  • S&S (26kg)
Tue. Feb. 01.22
(First day outside)
  • Q&D (20kg) 100x Snatch
  • Rucking (20kg) 5 miles / 80min
Weight: 160.9 lbs

Fri. Feb. 04.22
  • S&S
  • 1H Swings 60x26kg/S, 40x 32kg/S+
  • TGU 6x26kg/G, 4x32kg/G+
  • Bike ride 50 min (11mi.)

Glad that I had some extra Snatches on the non-dominant arm over the last weeks. Really helped my physically and psychologically with the TGU's on my left arm.

Yesterday, when I brought it upstairs, I thought: " No way I'm going to 1H Swing this - and for sure not getting up with it from the ground.
But I seem to really own the 26kg and this is "only" 6kg more. (Btw.: For me it works pretty well with 6kg increments. 20,26,32)
I did 10 r, 10l with 26kg, than 2 sets of 10 l/r with 32kg and than back to 26kg. It was so light then. It was flying..;)
Get up was suprisingly "easy" but I had a moment of struggle when I came up from kneeling with the left arm.
But I stabilized and did well, I guess.
And I chalked my hands between swinging sets with 32kg.
Quiet satisfied. I will own it in some time.. I'm in no hurry, but I think 8 to 12 weeks...
Cool! :cool:

Sa. Feb. 05.22
  • Rucking (20kg) (3.7mi), steep hills, rocky stairs
  • RMT, Qi Gong, Tai Chi (during a pause from ruck)
  • Stretching, foam roller
  • total 145 min

Last edited:
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom