Spring 2019 TSC

Discussion in 'TSC' started by Phil12, May 4, 2019.

1. Phil12

Phil12 Quadruple-Digit Post Count

Had a super good time today at the TSC at the Iron Strength Kettlebell Gym in Sugar Land, Texas. It was my first time competing in anything and I had a really fun time. It was great seeing a lot of folks lift heavy and smart and more than a few PRs were set today. Thanks to SF for setting it up, Angie Jameson and Eric Grimsley (both high quality trainers btw in case anyone is in the market ;) ) for hosting and to everyone who came and competed. Looking forward to seeing the results!

2. Carl in Dover

Carl in Dover More than 300 posts

Great job! So do you intend on taking some time off to recuperate or continuing to train as usual?
    Carl in Dover

Steve Freides likes this.
  3. Phil12

Thanks Carl. I tore my calluses pretty good so I will be taking some time off from anything involving those ;) Probably some light running, maybe bw stuff this week while planning out how to maintain my snatch gains (thanks to Eric my RHR and endurance improved a lot and I'd like to maintain this as a new baseline) while pushing that deadlift over 500. Now that I have one competition over my belt I feel a lot more confident so I may even sign up for October just to have something on the calendar without necessarily trying to push the numbers up too much.

Carl in Dover and ShawnM like this.
  4. Norville Barnes

Norville Barnes Double-Digit Post Count

I participated at TNT Performance in Brookfield, WI. It was a great experience with about 30 people entered. I think I did well for my first time, entered in the Masters division. @Ryan Toshner ran a great event, and thanks to his brother Derek for his coaching which made my snatch score much better than a few weeks ago (but I still have a ways to go!).

Leader board is up but not all scores entered:

TSC Spring 2019 | Leaderboards

Now for some relaxed ‘push’ training before focusing on the fall event.

5. ShawnM

ShawnM More than 2500 posts

Well done @Phil12 . Tied for 37 overall in your class, world wide. That's pretty awesome!!!

LoriLifts, Carl in Dover and Phil12 like this.
  6. Phil12

Thanks Shawn and thanks for letting me know, didn't even think to check!

Carl in Dover and ShawnM like this.
  7. Steve Freides

Steve Freides Forum Administrator Senior Certified Instructor

Everyone, the group on Facebook is full of pictures and videos. Here is a link to the group. If you're interested in joining, please go right ahead and do so. Memberships must be approved by an admin (of which I am one) and are usually dealt with quite promptly, less than a day in general and sometimes in only a few minutes.

Facebook Group: Tactical Strength Challenge

-S-

Carl in Dover likes this.
  8. SteveRogers

SteveRogers First Timer

Good meeting you at the TSC Phil. Agree that Iron Strength is a quality outfit.

Phil12 likes this.