all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Strength Complex

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

daftpunk

First Post
Some 5-6 years ago I left a background in Powerlifting to concentrate fully on calisthenics. With this I cut weight from 252lbs to around 196 and felt much better for it.

Over the last few months I have fell in love with KB's and this now makes up the bulk of my training. Strength is my current focus. After reviewing the different options available I decided to go with Dan Johns Armour building complex. I have purchased 2x24 and 2x32kg bells (2x40kg will be my next investment)

Initially I was rather surprised that I could only do a couple of sets with armour building (2 Cleans, 1 Press, 3 FSQ) with 2x32kg - I had imagined I would have easily been able to manage these but I was wrong, I fatigued very quickly. Keeping my ego in check I decided to start with 2x24.

Day 1) Armour Building (20 sets) + Farmers walk (32) and weighted pressups
Day 2) Double Military press and Double reverse lunges
Day 3) Armour Building (20 sets) + Biceps and weighted dips
Day 4) Optional - A swing ladder or further assistance work
Day 5) Armour Building + Pull ups and Rows

After 4 weeks of the above I split the workout between 2x24 and 2x32 (10 sets each) before moving solely to 2x32kg as to where I am now.

However, I feel that I will need to swap programs shortly as too much of something is never good and then return to the above after a couple of months. Can somebody recommend a good strength complex or would it be a better solution to concentrate on an upper/lower split and work each muscle group?

Many thanks

@daftpunk, welcome to StrongFirst.

Consider Kettlebell Simple and Sinister. Also consider Return Of The Kettlebell.

-S-

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom