Strength has greater purposes

Steve Freides

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Senior Certified Instructor
No, we're not _that_ picky. See if you can find the other post, and you can decide for yourself - if you want me to delete this entire thread, I can, but first have a look and see if you're OK with that. I'm fine with it either way.

-S-

LukeV

More than 300 posts
Either that kid has perfected the dead hang at a ridiculously early age or else he is held up by something else. And it's not clear why the other two people are so useless - they must be sending thoughts and prayers

Dasho

Triple-Digit Post Count
While the climber is no doubt capable, and this is a good case to use a 'tactical' pullup grip for real world carryover, it reeks of a staged crisis. The other adult (parent?) has his hands on the child a full 10 seconds before the climber reaches them and is easily within grabbing distance.

Jak Nieuwenhuis

Quadruple-Digit Post Count
Either that kid has perfected the dead hang at a ridiculously early age or else he is held up by something else. And it's not clear why the other two people are so useless - they must be sending thoughts and prayers

40 seconds plus!

infants are born with a reflex that allows them to hang for a long time, even by one hand

I forget which age they start to lose this at..

North Coast Miller

More than 2500 posts
An old buddy of mine climbed up six stories that way to the balcony of a rented oceanside condominium. He'd locked the keys inside and had run out of beer on the beach.

Top Bottom