all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Strongashec Russian bear

3,5,8 ladders today. I’m not good with ladders, as I just ended up doing 2 sets of 8 reps with about a minute in between haha. I’m not pushing super hard, I’m moving but not killing myself. I managed 4 ladders, which feels like a lot of cleans!

Going well, I like it
Is this the only strength exercise that you do? I think Hec recommends doing nothing else except sports if you have one.

I really like one lift 3 x a week programs. I make good progress even being conservative ( I don’t push too hard for more reps ). 2.4,6 ladders this morning and while I didn’t nap between sets or anything, I still managed much more reps than last week. Quality reps too, definitely good for technique.

I don’t know why I don’t just rotate monthly blocks of snatch, squat and clean and press all year.

Hahahah, I understand. Easily the best kettlebell trainer online. That whole AMA was great.

The best progress I’ve made is with Geoff’s stuff. Strong and Giant particularly, by far.

Yes to both! Dry Fighting Weight got me started, the Giant had me commit to simplicity and You Don't Know Squat 2.0 is one of my all time favourite. The Wolf is still scary though.
Geoff's work is really high quality, there's really something for everybody in all of his books

Yes to both! Dry Fighting Weight got me started, the Giant had me commit to simplicity and You Don't Know Squat 2.0 is one of my all time favourite. The Wolf is still scary though.
Geoff's work is really high quality, there's really something for everybody in all of his books
The Wolf is something I would like to do every year. I’ve only done it once and could do the reps just not to the rest periods, I needed more. Was hard but worth it though

Halfway through now. Going very well. 4,6,10 ladders with24’s today. I confess I just did 2 sets of 10 as the ladder. Managed 3 full ladders without pushing too hard. Reps keep going up so pretty happy

On holidays this week and not going to bother doing anything while away. Except trigger ball my traps ( ongoing issue ).

Week 3 day1 after a week away. Beat the amount if sets from wk1d1 but felt much easier.

Found out it’s shovelling that’s aggravating my neck/traps. Well, lazy shovelling anyway, getting tired and using sloppy form I’m sure. Bit stiff this morning but I know what’s causing it now. Thankfully I’m pretty much done and I’ve worked out face pulls and OS resets seem to be slowly getting rid of it. Bit of a flare up now but I’ll rehab it hard the next 2 weeks

Cleaning the 24’s feels too light. Seriously it’s almost easy now.

I’ve basically lost a week and a bit due to a decent cold. Better now but it’s just hanging around, which is quite frustrating. Plan is to push week 4 to the coming week.

Seeing a physio tomorrow about my neck/traps. 4 months it’s been pissed off. Hope to find out what’s going on.

? I think I hinge deeper on swings
Recently, I received some advice that I’m still digesting. I have been hinging deeper to the point where I am overloading my hamstrings and glutes. This has results in some unwanted stiffness that I have to believe is not common after a swing/snatch session. So basically what happened was I was instructed to do was to hinge backward but not far enough to tighten my hamstrings or feel my quads. But to balance myself over my midfoot. Performing swings from this point feels odd but the thinking is that if you load mid foot then you will have a stronger leg drive coming up since at the midfoot balance you are engaging more muscles from the legs. This thought process blew my mind a bit to be honest since I was used to sitting far back. Practicing it feels weird too because I can’t feel my hamstrings receiving the load.

Stiffness isn’t good, hopefully you can get rid of it. I think I hinge deeper because I swing 1 bell 2 handed, whereas I only do doubles for cleans etc, so the bells are closer to my legs so it ends up being a bit more shallow ( not too shallow though, just relative to a single bell swing ).

Midfoot idea makes sense.

Back
Top Bottom