all posts post new thread

Study of best exercises to lower blood pressure

I actually think new threads on old subjects are fine. Great if someone includes a link to a previous thread, of course, but new users don't like to wander in and find a long thread they feel like they have to wade through in order for the most recent posts to make sense. Around here, about once a year I close all threads that haven't been touched in, I think, 2 years or so.

-S-
New threads allow a fresh discussion
With members that may have participated in the original thread, but now have further experiences to share.
It also pops up fresh in the forums for lurkers like myself to check out.
None the less, rehashing an old thread through what some may see as a "stupid" question that has been "answered" countless times before should not be met with "use the search function".
Forums are a place that anyone in the world can visit, and this must be one of the few strong forums remaining. No pun intended but I need to giggle so I will.

Simple blood pressure solutions to try right away: mouth taping to enforce nose breathing, adding flax seed meal to your diet, adding magnesium supplementation. A regimen of diaphramatic breathing at morning and at night, and a study of vagus nerve dysfunction - try the book Accessing the Healing Power of the Vagus Nerve by Stanley Rosenberg.

Simple blood pressure solutions to try right away: mouth taping to enforce nose breathing, adding flax seed meal to your diet, adding magnesium supplementation. A regimen of diaphramatic breathing at morning and at night, and a study of vagus nerve dysfunction - try the book Accessing the Healing Power of the Vagus Nerve by Stanley Rosenberg.
I actually made a very high reading for blood pressure last week.
Like high enough for the doctor to dismiss it being due to his white coat.
Interesting that there is another thread on this forum right now discussing coffee.
Doctor basically told me to give it up for 2 weeks and see what happens to the BP.

I'll have to look into the vagus nerve stuff more, have you any links or further reading you'd recommend?

Interesting that there is another thread on this forum right now discussing coffee.
Doctor basically told me to give it up for 2 weeks and see what happens to the BP.

I'll have to look into the vagus nerve stuff more, have you any links or further reading you'd recommend?
Accessing the Healing Power of the Vagus Nerve by Stanley Rosenberg. Give the simple exercises at the end of the book a try.

What derails many people is that high blood pressure is a symptom rather than a disease per se. The key is finding the cause. And the recommendation to give up coffee is a good one. That is a deep rabbit hole which could uncover subtle hormone and amino acid issues.

What derails many people is that high blood pressure is a symptom rather than a disease per se. The key is finding the cause. And the recommendation to give up coffee is a good one. That is a deep rabbit hole which could uncover subtle hormone and amino acid issues.
Oh well, it is a matter of balance. I should unquestionably drink less coffee, but I am far from convinced that the benefits of giving up coffee completely would outweigh the physiological and psychological disadvantages.

I don’t go to the doctor often, but each time I have gone in the past 10 years the first time they take my BP they ALWAYS say it is very high, and they want to retest it. The 2nd time it’s always in the “normal” range. I don’t know why it changes in 30 seconds, or if that indicates a problem, but it always makes me worried something is wrong.

Oh well, it is a matter of balance. I should unquestionably drink less coffee, but I am far from convinced that the benefits of giving up coffee completely would outweigh the physiological and psychological disadvantages.
You could experiment but as a general rule caffeine tolerance declines with age and there are many functional docs who are of the opinion that it can be hard on the adrenals and thereby mess with your cortisol levels, particularly as you age. You can experiment with various amino acids such as L-Theanine, Taurine, Glycine, etc to see if you can find a happy median. (Edit: they mean hard on the adrenals over about 8 oz of coffee per day. As always, your mileage may vary).

Oh no, how can I ever take you seriously again. Everyone clearly knows it’s the Vertx Delta Stretch XT.

“Be the gray man…”

j/k. I’ll have to check them out. My Phantom LT’s from 2014 are about worn out and I need a couple new pair.
Vertx original tactical pants were my favorites. Perfect roomy and unrestricted fit. Perfect spacious but low profile pockets with NO VELCRO or buttons. If they had just updated them with a stretch fabric they would be completely perfect.

But their newer pants have a slim fit that I can't even wear, and they completely went away from that perfect pocket design.

I mean, I know @silveraw brought up tactical pants as a joke, but I have a terrible time finding comfortable and functional pants and I'm genuinely pissed at Vertx >:-((.

My heart rate is normally under 70bpm, and the two other readings are under 120 and under 80 respectively, so excellent blood pressure. I doubt isometrics has much to do with it although the TGU is isometric.

There are no kettlebells where I am now so I am doing lots of dumbbell clean and press, like hundreds a day, some bodyweight stuff too like pushups and dips for some kind of balance. Plenty of walking. In any case, very good blood pressure.

Oh no, how can I ever take you seriously again. Everyone clearly knows it’s the Vertx Delta Stretch XT.

“Be the gray man…”

j/k. I’ll have to check them out. My Phantom LT’s from 2014 are about worn out and I need a couple new pair.
You could be right. They popped in my 5.11 email shortly before silveraw made his post, so I could not resist.
VD SXT, catchy. ;)

Back
Top Bottom