all posts post new thread

Nutrition Supplements company rant

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
@Nnightmare , a couple of BCAA products I like . BCAA capsules from Jarrow, and Reload BCAA+G from MRM. IMO, the watermelon Reload tastes better than the island fusion.

Haha this is so similar to my situation. I also always "sort" different companies to buy individual supplements or vitamins from each of them.

Do you see any positive effect of taking creatine when it comes to swings? Just curious.
I take it 8 to 10 weeks out from a powerlifting meet. So, assuming I compete once per year, that means I use it 20% of the time.

Let's say it makes you 3% better at swings. Whatever the hell this means, I dont know. 3% more weight or 3% more volume. Is this important to you? For me, it is important when I compete. But for the 80% of my time where I am just focused on building my base, I could care less.

This is how I look at it. I am a big fan of creatine.

Eric

I was recently reading how copper and zinc deficiency can cause a number of symptoms that my horse exhibits and started doing some digging. It looks like the consensus is that the toxic level for copper is 250mg and zinc is 500mg per day. If that is true, why do so many supplements have well over those amounts in their daily levels??? Also, if iron is so prevalent in every food, why do so many supplements add it? This nutrition stuff is confusing enough without the companies adding levels that are already at toxic levels right out of the container! With over 20 supplement products to choose from, I could not find a single one that didn't create an overload on one thing or another. Okay rant over.
Personally, and I am not educated in medicine or nutrition, I feel that supplements may boost body functions but that doesn't mean they are healthy over the long time. I feel a better approach is to eat "what your grandmother would recognize" and maybe supplement with things like omega3/fish oil. Of course, I don't train for competition so I can have loose margins..

If you eat white and red fish(color of meat), red meat, vegetables, particular the green ones you are well covered.
In my non-educated opinion:)

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom