all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Swings and Talk Test

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
the way I experience it, being in great aerobic condition moves the whole curve out as to when and how much the anaerobic system gets activated, and, as long as you don't overdo it, it clears it out very quickly to enable much more volume if you stay within whatever capacity you're developed. Everything is proportional to whatever your capacity is in these systems at any given time or on any given day.

@Ryan T I wasn't suggesting you actually DO S&S 2x a day, but was saying that "feeling" like you could later in the same day every once in awhile is a good sign that you're at the right load and you're metabolism is strong and progressing. That kind of progress made consistently over weeks and months really adds up fast, even though it doesn't seem like very much day-to-day.

@Ryan T I wasn't suggesting you actually DO S&S 2x a day, but was saying that "feeling" like you could later in the same day every once in awhile is a good sign that you're at the right load and you're metabolism is strong and progressing. That kind of progress made consistently over weeks and months really adds up fast, even though it doesn't seem like very much day-to-day.
This is a key point @Ryan T. I went from 16kg to Simple training in the evening, but when I went to RoP and switched to early morning, on variety days or in the deload period after the program I still stuck to morning sessions - and I knew I was doing S&S correctly when it charged me up for the day and I felt like I could go for another session later. That's what one should "chase" on S&S - not the weight progression, the clock, or the rest period.

@Sean M and @Matts Thank you for the insight. If you see my training log, I currently trying to stay alactic with all my activity.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom