all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed The 2024 Press Big Plates for Reps

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)

silveraw

Level 9 Valued Member
Going with the theme this year.

Stand up and press those plates overhead!

Strict, push press, military, log, axle, circus, sandbag, engine blocks, kettlebells, I don’t care! Just lock it out! Put those RoP and The Giant reps to work and let’s see what you can do!

Rules: chalk, grip shirts, straps, belt, sleeves, wraps, whatever else you want is good to go.

No tree topping. Or do, it’s your equipment I don’t care.

<iframe src=""></iframe>

Last edited:
What the heck is tree topping?
I have no clue, either.

All we need now is a Bench 2024 thread and we'll have the big 4 covered... ROFL
This is the Press thread. Just like the SQ thread allows all kinds of squats, so this one will allow all kinds of presses, and the deadlift one will allow all kinds of deadlifts.

-S-

I have no clue, either.

This is the Press thread. Just like the SQ thread allows all kinds of squats, so this one will allow all kinds of presses, and the deadlift one will allow all kinds of deadlifts.

-S-
So bench is ok? When I think of "pressing" on it's own I think overhead. Also, if this is a "press big plates for reps", then I'm guessing really it's going to 135 for almost everyone. I've only ever seen a small handful of people ever press 225 overhead. Bench is a different story.

Any, I hit 135 x 7 in my last AMRAP session. Strict standing OH Press.

For bench I hit 225 x 8 not long ago. Slowly working my way back up to a 300 max, and that's my goal for this year. Currently doing a 5 x 5 progression and now at 245 on that.

This is the Press thread.
I was intending only overhead presses and their variations.

That way I don't have as many numbers to keep track of!
I've only ever seen a small handful of people ever press 225 overhead.
I was inspired by @Rif 's instagram where he is just straight pressing 225 at a bodyweight of not yuuuge.

Also have you down for 135x7

I was intending only overhead presses and their variations.
I think we're best off keeping with @Boris Bachmann's original idea. If it's called a press, it's OK to post here. Otherwise, we'd have separate threads for overhead press and bench press, and then we'd have to have separate posts for - dare I say it? - sumo and conventional deadlift, and where would a straddle deadlift go? The SQ thread could rightly be separated into front and back squats, but then where would be put Zercher's?

Simpler here is better.

Boris keeps track of numbers - I have no intention of being so diligent, just enjoying reading about what people are doing.

-S-

Back
Top Bottom