all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed The Enhanced Games -- No Testing Olympics Competitor Announced

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)
I'm just going to repeat the notion I expressed in another thread about this.

I'm not convinced that making an untested olympics is going to get PEDs out of the tested olympics. If anything, we are just going to see more athletes in general using them, for better or worse.

I'm also just going to repost this instagram link. This was a really interesting take on staying and training natural. If you don't want to read the post, the gist is this:

Seeing higher performance (or mass, in the case of bodybuilding) due to PEDs has more to do with designing a better drug, not necessarily a better training program. Staying natural means you have to be more inovative with training techniques to see better results.

My personal take is that I would prefer to see athletes do more amazing things because of how they trained (or heck, even just "crazy genetics") than because they could afford a better, probably more expensive PED designed by some chemist or whatever.

I wonder whether the records from enhanced games will be significantly better than current records. Because passing doping test does not necessarily mean you are clean.

On the other hand, enhanced athletes will not be concerned by passing doping test, so they will be free to brute force their dosages.

Another thing I am quite curious will be the long term health of them, but health is secondary even for tested pro athletes.

Concerning the men athletes I don’t think it’s a “bad idea”. Nor do I think it will be necessary to be “juiced to the gills” as there is a point of diminishing returns. For women athletes mmhhh?

I'm just going to repeat the notion I expressed in another thread about this.

I'm not convinced that making an untested olympics is going to get PEDs out of the tested olympics. If anything, we are just going to see more athletes in general using them, for better or worse.

I'm also just going to repost this instagram link. This was a really interesting take on staying and training natural. If you don't want to read the post, the gist is this:

Seeing higher performance (or mass, in the case of bodybuilding) due to PEDs has more to do with designing a better drug, not necessarily a better training program. Staying natural means you have to be more inovative with training techniques to see better results.

My personal take is that I would prefer to see athletes do more amazing things because of how they trained (or heck, even just "crazy genetics") than because they could afford a better, probably more expensive PED designed by some chemist or whatever.

I don't think the objective of The Enhanced Games is to get PEDs out of the Olympics.

It's to entertain and make money.

Concerning the men athletes I don’t think it’s a “bad idea”. Nor do I think it will be necessary to be “juiced to the gills” as there is a point of diminishing returns. For women athletes mmhhh?

Weightlifting will be interesting.

There are a lot of records from the past, especially from the Cold War, that haven't been broken because the Commies were so juiced.

I don't think the objective of The Enhanced Games is to get PEDs out of the Olympics.

It's to entertain and make money.
100%

And that's another reason I don't like it.

The whole idea of the Olympics was to see who is the best in their sport, not who can hide their PED use best. Making it known that the competitors are juiced might just lead to seeing who can concoct the best regimen of chemical aids. That's not interesting to me, for the reason I already posted about. Promoting it to make money is even worse imo.

We've had multiple threads about PEDs here already. I'll just repeat what I always say.

I don't care if someone wants to use them, as long as they are honest and open about it. That said...

I, personally, don't like the idea of PEDs (excluding TRT for when you actually need it), and I think widespread, open use of them is just going to increase their usage. Since I am not sold on any sort of "safety" regarding their usage, I see this as something that is probably going to have more negative long term effects than anything positive. If I am mis-speaking, and some of them are somehow "safer" than I believe, well, I still don't like them, for the exact same reason as I previously stated. To me, training is about how you can make yourself better through discipline and careful planning, dedication, etc. It's not about who can make a better drug. If someone needs a drug to push themselves even further, even harder than they can without it, then I am just left wondering what sort of mental or emotional things are pushing them to that.

I'll pass.

What's sad is that he doesn't make money as a clean athlete and that he's willing to jump the fence just to make money.

To me, it's all about the rules.

If you want to endanger your long term health for the sake of winning, that's your body, your decision.

If you try to compete in a no-drug league and use drugs, you're a cheater.

If you compete in an 'enhanced league' and use drugs, you're not a cheater.

If you can make money as a non-cheater in a pro-PED league, this doesn't seem dishonest.

100%

And that's another reason I don't like it.

The whole idea of the Olympics was to see who is the best in their sport, not who can hide their PED use best. Making it known that the competitors are juiced might just lead to seeing who can concoct the best regimen of chemical aids. That's not interesting to me, for the reason I already posted about. Promoting it to make money is even worse imo.

We've had multiple threads about PEDs here already. I'll just repeat what I always say.

I don't care if someone wants to use them, as long as they are honest and open about it. That said...

I, personally, don't like the idea of PEDs (excluding TRT for when you actually need it), and I think widespread, open use of them is just going to increase their usage. Since I am not sold on any sort of "safety" regarding their usage, I see this as something that is probably going to have more negative long term effects than anything positive. If I am mis-speaking, and some of them are somehow "safer" than I believe, well, I still don't like them, for the exact same reason as I previously stated. To me, training is about how you can make yourself better through discipline and careful planning, dedication, etc. It's not about who can make a better drug. If someone needs a drug to push themselves even further, even harder than they can without it, then I am just left wondering what sort of mental or emotional things are pushing them to that.

I'll pass.

I'm curious as to the mental / emotional angle.

Plenty of PEDs literally improve your physical qualities, give you more endurance, increase your muscle mass, decrease recovery, etc.

I'm most familiar with the role in weightlifting. PEDs have literally "made numbers go up".

It's so effective as a pure physical enhancement they had to throw out a bunch of old medal winners and old world records because people were juiced.

Back
Top Bottom