all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed The Enhanced Games -- No Testing Olympics Competitor Announced

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)
It's going to be a freak show of formerly elite athletes past their prime and athletes who were never going to make it. And I expect the sporting bodies to up the ante, probably by deeming participation in Enhanced Games as a doping offence, with an automatic four year ban for the participants. So anyone with the potential to make a go of it in mainstream sport is going to think twice

NGL, if Klokov comes out of retirement to lift in the Enhanced Games, I'll watch.

personally I think atlasshurg need to stfu about gear lifting or bodybuilding. Dude not even anticipate in those sport.
I think we could use more voices giving reasons not to use PEDs. There are already plenty of fake-nattys out there. I’ve stated my reasons for my preferences already.

It's going to be a freak show of formerly elite athletes past their prime and athletes who were never going to make it. And I expect the sporting bodies to up the ante, probably by deeming participation in Enhanced Games as a doping offence, with an automatic four year ban for the participants. So anyone with the potential to make a go of it in mainstream sport is going to think twice
Probably be a reality show based around the prettier athletes and then of course OF

PEDs are just the tip of the ice berg.

Chip-enhanced / genetically enhanced / materials enhanced are coming.
I was reading today about how they are now using a reinforcing tape on the repaired UCL in Tommy John surgery.

-S-

Absolutely. And, to echo what you said a little earlier - everyone is already using them. I think people automatically think "steroids" when they hear "PEDs", but that's not even a bump on the tip of the iceberg...

I say this often, but (meth)amphetamine use is, in my humble opinion (admittedly based on very little actual hard evidence), probably rampant - I believe the number of "congenital" heart issues we see among young athletes is likely a symptom of this.

I say this often, but (meth)amphetamine use is, in my humble opinion (admittedly based on very little actual hard evidence), probably rampant - I believe the number of "congenital" heart issues we see among young athletes is likely a symptom of this.
It has a very long history too.

All those old tyme strongman people like to hold up as the "pre steroid" examples of what you can do, a significant number of them were peddling and taking cocaine, amphetamines, and opioids. They called them "Health Tonics".

I don't doubt it. I know that it's something that's coming no matter what. I still don't like it, especially because you know somewhere out there is military research around those things. I just feel like we are heading towards a cyberpunk dystopia more than a Star Trek uptopia.

I have no more interest in PEDs than I do in wearing a belt when I squat.

-S-
This reminds me of the idea of "anytime strength." That is, how strong someone is at any random time, vs how strong someone is if they ran a peaking program, wore a lifting suit or belt, etc. They might lift a PR for that competition, which is cool, but it's also pretty much a one-time thing, at least until the next competition. I'm not saying that competitions are worthless or anything like that; I admire the discipline and training people go through to compete. I guess I am just more interested in what I can do at any random time, than what I could do if I spent months preparing to do something that lasts under 10 seconds, that I also could not do more than a few times a year at most.

I'm sure that sounds like I'm salty towards competitions. To reiterate, I'm not; it's just not how I prefer to go about training.

I think all that relates to PEDs for the same reason I've already discussed.

I don't doubt it. I know that it's something that's coming no matter what. I still don't like it, especially because you know somewhere out there is military research around those things. I just feel like we are heading towards a cyberpunk dystopia more than a Star Trek uptopia.

You need to brush up on your Trek history and what they went through before they got to the Utopia stage. ;)

Remember, Khan was a genetically engineered super human from the Eugenics Wars before The Federation.

his reminds me of the idea of "anytime strength." That is, how strong someone is at any random time, vs how strong someone is if they ran a peaking program, wore a lifting suit or belt, etc. They might lift a PR for that competition, which is cool, but it's also pretty much a one-time thing, at least until the next competition. I'm not saying that competitions are worthless or anything like that; I admire the discipline and training people go through to compete. I guess I am just more interested in what I can do at any random time, than what I could do if I spent months preparing to do something that lasts under 10 seconds, that I also could not do more than a few times a year at most.

I'm sure that sounds like I'm salty towards competitions. To reiterate, I'm not; it's just not how I prefer to go about training.

The training for competitions is part of developing "anytime strength" for me. I'm 16 days out from a meet and I've never felt stronger. If I do everything right, the meet will go well, but the training has already gone well and my "anytime strength" has improved. I've added a little muscle and my form on all three lifts has improved. Can't ask for more than that.

JMO.

-S-

Last edited:
You need to brush up on your Trek history and what they went through before they got to the Utopia stage. ;)

Remember, Khan was a genetically engineered super human from the Eugenics Wars before The Federation.
So what you’re saying is that we should take the story of Khan to heart and not go through the clone wars, right?

Right?

Back
Top Bottom