all posts post new thread

Kettlebell The "Powertrain" - Some Questions

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

godofiron

Level 2 Valued Member
Hello all,

I am about to start the "powertrain" practice soon. I have some questions regarding the routine:
  1. I am comfortable using the 20 kg for the GU, starting to feel out the 24 kg. Should I continue to use those weights for the warmup?
  2. Can I use different weights for the GSQ and the 2ASW?
Also, on the off days, I will go with the Mobility Complex practice.

Thanks!

I have focused on heavy get-ups in the past but I warm up with the 20kg and spend a moment to gently stretch out tight areas. The TGU is to loosen and warm up your muscles, tendons and joints.
Yes, you can GS a lighter weight and swing heavier or vice versa if need be. Focus on getting the reps in with good form and pay attention to how you feel. Don’t strain.
Good luck!

Hello all,

I am about to start the "powertrain" practice soon. I have some questions regarding the routine:
  1. I am comfortable using the 20 kg for the GU, starting to feel out the 24 kg. Should I continue to use those weights for the warmup?
  2. Can I use different weights for the GSQ and the 2ASW?
Also, on the off days, I will go with the Mobility Complex practice.

Thanks!
3. The program calls for 3 days a week. Depending on my schedule, could I do 2 consecutive workouts? I wouldn't do 3 in a row though.

3. The program calls for 3 days a week. Depending on my schedule, could I do 2 consecutive workouts? I wouldn't do 3 in a row though.
That should work, especially with the L and M days. It could even be more beneficial:
Pavel in QnD said:
Early Soviet coaching was driven by Pavlov’s teaching that one adapts best “when certain stimuli are repeated in a strict order and with strict intervals between them.” In the 1960s, the Soviets still considered high regularity of training an asset. Then Prof. Vorobyev came along and concluded that while a Monday/Wednesday/Friday rhythm is nice for beginners, it is suboptimal for experienced athletes whose systems need more surprises, at least outside the competition period.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom