all posts post new thread

Kettlebell The Simple or Sinister standard by December 2017, Who is going to do it?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
I'm in!

Started Sept. 2016 with 16kg. Met Simple standard with 16kg on 11/18/16. Currently at 2 of 5 TGUs at 24kg, 10x10 swings one-arm at 24kg, but not in 5 minutes yet. Next phase is incorporating 32kg two-arm swings while getting TGUs up to 5x1 at 24kg, then try for time.

Hope to hit Simple at 32kg by the end of the summer!

TGUs seem to aggravate the herniated disc in my lower back. It is entirely possible that I'm doing them wrong. I may need to work on these. Swings, however, actually help my lower back, so I like the idea of hitting the Sinister swing goal. I have not tested swings so I do not know where I am at right now. But I like to go big so put me down for the Sinister swing goal by December 2017.

Hello,

Simple in itself can be a very interesting goal to reach. It allows to get really strong while being physically achievable for most people. When weights get heavier, it can be far more challenging. "Small" people will have then more difficulties IMO.

Depending of the goal ones can have, a good "alternative" is to keep progressing on one move first, while only maintaining the other one. Indeed, I think it is possible to be satisfied of swings @44 and GU @36 (for e.g)

Kind regards,

Pet'

I plan on starting back on S&S as soon as I can start lifting again(wisdom teeth removed 4 days ago). I've been on a 2 year layoff from training.
I hope to get the simple standards this year. If I make it further great, if not, I know it will be a long journey! I plan on starting with KB DL to get the glutes back firing then start on swings. Getups don't scare me, I know I can grind them out, just gotta get my technique back down.
Only thing I plan on adding is COC grippers. I can close my #2 with each hand. I want to close the #3 this year also. But I know I gotta build the foundation as S&S is the main goal.
Weight loss is another main goal, but that is with my eating habbits.
I'm glad to be back following on here and ready to start my own training log!

I'm shooting for the "deadlift" simple - 2 times bodyweight by December 2017. Don't know if that's realistic yet, but if I don't throwdown now, I won't commit. Don't mean to thread crash, just wanted to give some encouragement to any other lurkers out there, as apparently I'm "seriously likeable" on the forum though I hope one day to become "seriously simple".

I plan on starting back on S&S as soon as I can start lifting again(wisdom teeth removed 4 days ago)
Only thing I plan on adding is COC grippers. I can close my #2 with each hand. I want to close the #3 this year also. But I know I gotta build the foundation as S&S is the main goal.
Weight loss is another main goal, but that is with my eating habbits.
I'm glad to be back following on here and ready to start my own training log!

Yikes. Closing the #2 is a serious accomplishment.

New to the forum.

Bio: Age 49. 5'11" 220#. Survivor (barely) of a heart attack at age 42. Five stents in three procedures, including three stents in two procedures in 2016. Purple belt in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. After squatting and deadlifting over 405# in 2016, decided to move to kettlebell only program for a while to work on body composition and conditioning.

Started S&S December 3, 2016 using a 24kg for swings and 20kg for Turkish Get Ups.

Rapid progress, passed protocol with 28kg several times and now working with 32kg exclusively.

Should have Simple achieved this month. Probably move to RoP after that.

I got the trainer a year or two ago and played with it. A month ago decided to work on my grip. Decided to try the #2. Closed it with my right and 1/8" from closing it on my left.
Now I warm up with the trainer and can close with my right hand 3/5 and the left 1/5. Hopefully I will get there!

I will be working in 2 week blocks (S&S and PTTP or EES) untill my 62lb kettle bell is no longer providing enough stimulus. Hopefully I save up enough to get the 70lb kettlebell and achieve simple this year.

@Buffalo I wish you luck moving from COC#2 to closing the COC#3 in a year. It is doable, but the COC#3 is another level. I can get sets of 3-5 No Set Closes each hand with the COC#2.5. I have yet to No Set Close the COC #3 for quite a while, close on the right, not so close on the left.

Try Forced Close Holds and Negatives and you will feel the force required to close the COC#3. If you have larger hands it will naturally be easier. I have average sized hands and it has been elusive.

Best of luck with your crushing.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom