all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Things are going so well, help me NOT to screw up!

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
@Stefan Olsson

In case you find it useful, here is my "S&S Plus" programme.

Mon-Wed
=======
In no particular order:
  • S&S + doubles squat (uneven, 0-8 kg differential)
  • S&S + carries(uneven, 0-8 kg differential)
  • S&S only.
Or use one day as rest.

Thu
===
Running

Fri-Sun
=====
As Mon-Wed

It was put together based on a conversation I had with @Neuro-Bob .

That looked nice. I would like to incorporate carries in time. As I don't have heavy enough bells right now I plan to take a chapter out of Strength Matters certification curriculum. You do Cooked Drill, start at 5 min .. go through the three stages of carries, change hand, never put the bell down. Every other session increase time by 1 min. When you reach 15 min, increase bell size.

Worth adding back to this thread, as @Kettlebelephant had pointed out in one of the "lost posts," snatches are still an option for you. If you are currently able to do a get-up without your knuckles hitting the ceiling when you stand up, then the kettlebell will not hit the ceiling on a snatch. (I had initially doubted this assertion for a hardstyle snatch, but confirmed it with video examination. Really, you're good! See video.)

I guess you guys are right, but I feel that I don't have the time to learn the snatch right now, but eventully!

The forum ate my post, so here are my .002 once again

I've been a new dad, twice. It is wonderful. It is also one of the most draining, exhausting, emotional experiences you will ever go through. Now is not the time to crank things up. Punch the clock, and keep it simple. If S&S plus pushups fits that bill, do it. Wait a few months, get your feet under you, then worry about making big adjustments.

As I wrote the original post my time has been close to non :eek: I believe that your post is hitting the nail. I will do just that for now!

Most importantly, congratulations on the baby!!!

Given goals, back to the basics.

Resilient bulletprrof Dad strength = TGU
Hypertrophy (read physique) = Press & Row
Time constrained = fewest movements to get all required planes of movement covered

Day 1: TGU w/ extra floor presses
Day 2: TGU w/ extra presses at top of TGU
Day 3: TGU w/ extra OH lunges at top of TGU

Add bent rows to all days. Swing when you have time as it doesn't seem to be that important to meeting the objectives listed above.

Experiment and get variety from the format of the session instead of more movements. Do heavy low rep days, do density sets to get as many reps in a given time, do light high rep days, GTG days, etc.

Thank you!

It looks rather interesting! Have you tried this? It would include presses without taking (much) longer time!

@Stefan Olsson
My long posts were lost, so a shorter one.

At your place, I would try to see how much time you can decently expect for training.

- ROP will ask for three sessions, one long that can last one hour or a bit more when you reach 5 ladders of 5 (not much more if you aim for hypertrophy because of shorter rest periods), and two much shorter. You would need to adapt the heavy day to your amount of stress and accept not to progress every week (and even do some deload weeks). Overall 2 to 3 hours a week (not that much indeed, if you train at home). Focus on the press, and do swings alla S&S on separate days.
To my opinion, it is the best road for hypertrophy with a single kettlebell at your current level, but...

- if you can not reasonably expect more than two hours per week, I would go for @Geoff Neupert Kettbell express or Kettlebell burn 2.0, adapting your diet from fat loss to muscle gain.

Thank for great advice! As for now I´m not even sure if I can get 3 sessions. Will look in to Geoff books, I have burn 2.0

Reactions: jef
The voting is even steven! :) I have finally picked S&S+push-ups, but will bookmark this awesome thread for future needs! Thank you all!

Bent & Sinister has crossed my mind. Not sure if I could learn the Bent press on my own?

Mmm... While the Bent press is one of the most demanding lifts, I think that if you have a solid TGU as a base, practice mentality and self critisism it can be done well by following Taming the Bent press. It has great progression to get you from a skilled TGU to a skilled Bent press.

I have KB Burn 2.0 ... how could I forget!? When I know for certain I can get in 3 sessions a week this is my next pick!

ahh you haven't seen the reloaded edition...

Allow me to let you in on a secret

do the swings on a separate day ;) you'll be frrsher and have more focus

@Stefan Olsson
The is no reloaded version.
I think @Mark Limbaga mixed up "Kettlebell Burn 2.0" and "Kettlebell Burn Extreme".
Kettlebell Burn 2.0 is a single KB program.
Kettlebell Burn Extreme is a double KB program.
There's a reloaded version of Kettlebell Burn Extreme, but not for Kettlebell Burn 2.0.

Kettlebell Burn 2.0 is the updated version of "Kettlebell Burn", but the program is exactly the same. The only difference between Burn and Burn 2.0 lies in the nutrition advise that comes together with the program.

If you own "Kettlebell Burn 2.0" (this one: Shop Books & DVDs online, Kettlebell Burn 2.0 | StrongFirst), you have the latest up-to-date version of the program.

You can still choose to do the swings (the finishers) on another day. This would turn the routine from 3x 40min sessions (3 days total) to 3x 30min + 3x 10min sessions (6 days total).

Since overhead pressing is one of the hallmarks of the KB community (this is us), my vote goes to RoP. And I would really recommend keeping the snatch!
As @Anna C said, you can still do it even if your ceiling is low. Otherwise just go into another room for snatches or better yet, train outside. Nothing better than a KB session under the skies!

@Stefan Olsson
The is no reloaded version.
I think @Mark Limbaga mixed up "Kettlebell Burn 2.0" and "Kettlebell Burn Extreme".
Kettlebell Burn 2.0 is a single KB program.
Kettlebell Burn Extreme is a double KB program.
There's a reloaded version of Kettlebell Burn Extreme, but not for Kettlebell Burn 2.0.

Kettlebell Burn 2.0 is the updated version of "Kettlebell Burn", but the program is exactly the same. The only difference between Burn and Burn 2.0 lies in the nutrition advise that comes together with the program.

If you own "Kettlebell Burn 2.0" (this one: Shop Books & DVDs online, Kettlebell Burn 2.0 | StrongFirst), you have the latest up-to-date version of the program.

You can still choose to do the swings (the finishers) on another day. This would turn the routine from 3x 40min sessions (3 days total) to 3x 30min + 3x 10min sessions (6 days total).

Nope burn reloaded is in the big 6. there is also kb burn extreme reloaded

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom