all posts post new thread

Training On Lentils

To update: DROP is going awesome. Two days ago I pressed stacked 32 + 16 for total 48 kg with relative ease. Now onto 56 kg press (I tried it as 40+16 but no way, yet).

Non-training update: Just finished reading "Outliers: The Story of Success" from Malcolm Gladwell. Very interesting read. There are no shortcuts to a success. One needs at least 10.000 hours of hard practice to brig up your skills to the elite level. And this applies to ice hockey, computer programming or playing violin as he shows. I am sure weightlifting is no outlier either.

I appreciate that not everyone is aiming at elite levels but the book just pinpoints the obvious answer that MORE is better, not less.

Last edited:
@damogari dziękuję! Dumbbells are definitely helpful in that they make
an initial phase of the KB press easier - KB toof off noticeably easier from the rack
as compared before.

I love challenges, maybe will try it tomorrow, how it should be done exactly?

I was just watching some random youtube videos and I got impression that there are basically two versions:

1) harder, bells hanging:

2) easier, bells on forearms

I'll definitely start with the easier one....

Wow! Good job with those stacked beast presses. I'm impressed.:)

I would participate iron cross challenge, but unfortunately I don't have doubles.

I've done iron crosses for reps with a 16kg in one hand and a 20 and 15lb stacked in the other, they are not easy! No way I could do 24's. Anthony DiLuglio was able to do them with 28s.

A unilateral drill I used to do, press a KB overhead and slowly lower it to horizontal/iron cross, then allow to drop into a circular clean. Those I could do with a 50lber, haven't tried that in quite a while.

I've done iron crosses for reps with a 16kg in one hand and a 20 and 15lb stacked in the other, they are not easy! No way I could do 24's. Anthony DiLuglio was able to do them with 28s.

A unilateral drill I used to do, press a KB overhead and slowly lower it to horizontal/iron cross, then allow to drop into a circular clean. Those I could do with a 50lber, haven't tried that in quite a while.

Thanks, good idea! I try to do these on variety days.

Last edited:
Tried the Iron Cross with 32kg, no way! I got one of my 24kg at work, so maybe ther I will try the unilateral

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom