all posts post new thread

Training On Lentils

2x24 kg c&p, 5x(2,2,2,2,2,1), total 55 reps
Note: I really like this 70% approach - zero mental fatigue, only some minor and pleasant soreness even with this high-ish volume.
Need to read Steve Justa's book Rock, Iron, Steel.

Testing: 40+32 pressed three times (40 kg in my weaker left arm).

According to 1RM vs. reps calculator is 32+24 74% of 1RM and
24+24 65% of 1RM. I decided to play it conservative and do next
cycle again with 24+24.

2x24 kg c&p, 5x(1,1,1,1,1,1), total 30 reps

Last edited:
With this program I think I am starting to understand meaning of "simple" as an approach to the strength training,
i.e. doing few exercises better rather than doing more exercises in a sloppy way.

Doing the same movement over and over for close to 4 weeks, I can see my technique getting better. It has also
revealed (or rather confirmed) my week spots: if I am sore, than it is my hamstrings, hips, butt and even calves.
Upper body - no problem.

It is total "iron immersion" (M.Gallagher) within one lift. It can't possibly get more simple.
(S&S with its three different movements would be too much variety for me ;))

2x24 kg c&p, 5x(2,2,2,2,2,1), total 55 reps
Note: One more session and then testing on Monday. Really curious
if my max will move up again.

Testing: pressed 40 kg bell + 40 dumbbell once. It was definitely the heaviest and the most awkward
thing I ever got overhead. Clean was actually harder than press. Based on this I start new cycle with
combination of 24kg+32kg bells. So I did:

24+32 kg c&p, 5x(1,1,1,1,1,1), total 30 reps

Note: A couple of days ago, I uttered somewhere on this forum that using mixed doubles
for pressing gives you the best from both (singles and doubles) worlds. Well, I got the
full meaning of it today: heavy as doubles and core challenging as singles.

Back
Top Bottom