all posts post new thread

GreenSoup

Level 6 Valued Member
It has been over 12 weeks since this 12 week program was posted to StrongFirst

At the time I was planning to run Easy Muscle Schedule C, a program without military presses. My press was stagnant and I still wanted something easy to make my KB military press better, especially since returning to pressing years after an injury but not quite advancing from where I was before. When I asked in the Q+A whether the Triple Tier Plan could be done with long GTG-like rests between sets and Fabio said it could, TTP would be like a warm up with the easy rep ranges shown. Any set that wasn't used as a warm up for Schedule C found its way between chores and bills. It effectively took "no time" from my schedule. I started tied with my pre-injury PR of a 24kg single rep and was able to use reps so light that more than half of them were performed with my 17 rep max, which was 50% 1RM. More than a third of the program's reps were at 66% 1RM.

This was a very light, very easy plan on most days. Is any other strength plan this light?

Also I didn't have a 20kg so I did 24kg push presses at a 5rm. So not only was the TTP a totally casual add-on to my main training, the plan did not specify a substitution like this, but it is durable enough to work well anyway. With the flexible rep ranges it could fit most calisthenics skills and accommodate limited kettlebell selections very well too.

12 weeks later my all-time pre-injury 24kg personal record was broken with two additional reps, as well as two more push press reps.

Overall, considering the minimal effort, minimal recovery demands, easy scheduling and the ability to just seemingly pull a win out of nowhere while I was focusing on Easy Muscle, I consider the Triple Tier Plan an excellent strength program for one skill or as many as you need to add.

Did anyone else use the Triple Tier Plan?

That's fantastic!

"Is any other strength plan this light?"

For me, it's Aleks Salkins' 9-Minute-Challenge. I've been doing it in the mornings for over a year; it can be as light or heavy as you want and the pay-off has been tremendous. Usually, I aim for heavy and easy (relaxed, nasal diaphragmatic breathing, many short sets). Usually takes me 20 minutes.

A few days ago, i started adding a modified version of Tim Anderson's Super Simple Strength plan on my lunch breaks to see if I could double the benefit. It looks like it's going to take me 30 minutes.

It's an extra hour of work every day, heavy enough to be challenging, but done at a pace and effort that's easy to sustain over the long haul. Relaxed and calm are my cues as I do this.

Thank you 3letterslong, I'm definitely checking those out. Having extra light, extra comfortable tools in the toolbox are very useful.

Back
Top Bottom