all posts post new thread

PlanStrong/BuiltStrong Troubleshooting Plan Strong and supportive lifts/exercises

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Folks, here's the deal moving forward as far as PlanStrong programs you've written, and about this kind of thing in general:

You may post a PlanStrong program you've created - sets, reps, weights you used and other specifics.

You may not, however, post algorithms, formulas, spreadsheets with those things built in, or other, similar kinds of behind-the-scenes information. Put another way, share _what_ you created, but not _why_ you made the choices you made other than in the most general terms. Put yet another way, you may show the results of using the PlanStrong system, but you may not teach someone how to write PlanStrong programs whether explicitly or by explaining your results other than in the most general terms.

"General terms" here means the kind of things that have already been discussed in StrongFirst articles, e.g., the Delta 20 principle and the uncoupling of volume and intensity. (If someone wants to post links to some of those articles, please go ahead and do that in a reply here in this thread.)

If someone wants to learn how to write PlanStrong programs for themselves, they should attend the seminar.

Thanks, everyone, for your understanding.

-S-

Yeah so I started this thread and shared my spreadsheets in a personal message with another member of this forum who like me had taken the PS course. Another member approached me (also by PM) about details regarding PS to which I replied in general terms and suggested that he'd take the course. The overlords at this forum cancelled me for anyone of the two. I didnt get any notification and my user wasnt deleted but my IP-address was actually blocked for both the forum and the homepage! This means one of two things, one being that SF staff reads your PMs, the other is equally or more disturbing...
So @Steve Friedes your last announcment on this thread could have come sooner or the response could have been that in a PM
Great attitude guys! Guess its part of the tough guy image of SF. Cancel culture is after all very pervasive these days.
So a warning to all and anyone on this forum. Watch your step or you'll get cancelled.
Would be surprised if this is allowed to stay on the forum.
Thats it for me here
/Fredrik

@Dsrptr, whoa! Let's sort out a few things for you, after which I will move the previous message and my reply to an off-topic area of the forum.

First, no one is reading your private messages. New users on our forum aren't allowed to send them because we have had problems in the past with spammers signing up for our forum, not posting any forum messages but sending out lots of spam PM's. Hence the restriction on those.

Second, your account is in every way normal for a new account. After a few forum messages posted, you will be able to send PM's to other users.

Third, our forum is newly reorganized and we are still formulating policy about things we never had before, like public discussions of PlanStrong programs. We cannot foresee every possible circumstance and we're doing the best we can. And, no, my public message was intended for everyone, not just you, and no one is faulting you for anything you have done or tried to do.

Fourth, if you wish to reach me privately and can't send a forum PM yet, you can use the Contact Us form/button, select Forum as your topic, and that will come to me. You're welcomed to continue this conversation privately or on the forum, but it's off the topic of PlanStrong and, as I said above, I'll shortly move the thread to be labelled as Off-Topic.

Thats it for me here
That's up to you. We are not trying to be tough guys or cancel anything.

-S-

@Dsrptr
@Fredrik

Apparently you opened a second account because you thought the first had been banned. Both your accounts are completely normal and I have no idea what you're upset about.

-S-
Glad you chose to address this openly @Steve Freides
The fact is that my IP address has been blocked from even entering SFs website and/or forum, it clearly says so when trying to log in or even open the website. Whoever has the authority to block a users IP address did so immediately after I PMed two members of the forum about PS. To one of them I shared my spreadsheets with since he clearly had taken the PS course himself, the other I recommended to take the course. The separate forum for PS initiates clearly had its place.
So the explanation for my speci IP address being blocked entry to any of your sites is what?

@Dsrptr, your theory of what's happening doesn't jibe how the forum works.

Now one thing that _is_ possible is that someone got flagged as a spammer who used the same IP as you - that's possible, and in that case, the system may ban the IP, but I don't know as I'm not aware of it ever happening.

Our forum software maintains a Change Log for every account. That keeps pretty thorough records, and it preserves both changes a user like yourself makes as well as administratively made changes. There is nothing in your account about anything being banned. There is nothing in this account, and nothing in the other account, either.

Investigating if this happened because of another user causing the IP to be banned is something that will take me a little while to do, but I will put that on my list and report back.

Either of your accounts should work just fine.

-S-

I
@Dsrptr, your theory of what's happening doesn't jibe how the forum works.

Now one thing that _is_ possible is that someone got flagged as a spammer who used the same IP as you - that's possible, and in that case, the system may ban the IP, but I don't know as I'm not aware of it ever happening.

Our forum software maintains a Change Log for every account. That keeps pretty thorough records, and it preserves both changes a user like yourself makes as well as administratively made changes. There is nothing in your account about anything being banned. There is nothing in this account, and nothing in the other account, either.

Investigating if this happened because of another user causing the IP to be banned is something that will take me a little while to do, but I will put that on my list and report back.

Either of your accounts should work just fine.

-S-
Only way for me to enter the forum or even the main site is by using a vpn and this user so my IP and old user is definitely blocked from both sites. I can provide you with a screenshot which shows that the administrator and/or moderator has blocked my IP and the account associated with it. My old user doesnt even work with a vpn so it is the IP and the user. The timing of this blocking was strange, so it ticked me off a bit.. If it was coincidental then I appologise for the slightly heated response..

@Dsrptr, let's continue this in a PM. Please PM me with the IP address that's been blocked - that will make it much easier to find out what's going on.

-S-

@Fredrik I didn’t read every message on here, sorry if these ideas were already suggested:

1. Try a PS50 plan since you’ve done a lot of 70. The volume will be helpful for pressing.
  2. Drop the pull-ups to maintenance for a couple of months to save adaptation potential for presses. Your pull-up is strong! Let it simmer for a bit.
  3. Since the PS50 will be more hypertrophy oriented, eat more food.
Hope that’s helpful!

@Fredrik I didn’t read every message on here, sorry if these ideas were already suggested:

1. Try a PS50 plan since you’ve done a lot of 70. The volume will be helpful for pressing.
  2. Drop the pull-ups to maintenance for a couple of months to save adaptation potential for presses. Your pull-up is strong! Let it simmer for a bit.
  3. Since the PS50 will be more hypertrophy oriented, eat more food.
Hope that’s helpful!
Thanks for the advice!
Its a while since I wrote this and since then I have tried program 505 from the PS-manual, this took my MP to 28kg. For the pullup I also did a PS70 with NL = 300 and a bit more focus on the 75% range with 10% of NL in 91% and went to 40kg in the pullup. Now I am actually, as you suggested, thinking to do a PS50 cycle in the beginning of the new year. And I think you are right about eating more, especially protein.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom