all posts post new thread

Kettlebell two hands anyhow

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Harald Motz

Level 8 Valued Member

more than six months gone when I was into anyhow anyway. It is such a great lift with innumerable variations to weave different moves together to a whole, and even having a bicep curl. It builds tension, mobility, concentration, patience and satisfaction. I think not much volume is needed for this. It is apart from sets and reps.

Thank you for promoting the simple act of moving weight around. There are so many discussions about which program, how many of this or that, is this better than that for this or that. I appreciate that you make strength an activity. If I were to define GPP, this would be it. Thanks Harald.

There are so many discussions about which program, how many of this or that, is this better than that for this or that. I appreciate that you make strength an activity. If I were to define GPP, this would be it. Thanks Harald.
I am entertaining the thought of just practicing a few anyhows a day, to cover all my strength needs. Each day it can look different.
I think there is something very useful with the curl portion of the move because of the tension it demands and develops. I imagine a few snatches at the beginning could be cool also. Than I would have a big explosive combined with some grind presses. I feel, that there is great potential to increase pressing abilities when locking out a weight overhead on the other side, or just holding the bell in the rack for instance. I see great combinations possible. It's a complex but very different than the "traditional" ones. There is no eagerness to rush through it, the anyhow only can be practiced in the purest sense of the meaning.

OK, I also remember the satisfaction as well :)
Last year I lifted well over my bodyweight overhead, and as we know: one secret to happiness in life is to lift heavy stuff over the head. But the most satisfactory and beneficial is to lift beautifully.

I'm more impressed with how much $$$ is sitting along the walls

I think there are more kettlebells and total weight there then most of the gyms I know... combined...

Well actually my collection has more and heavier KB than most gyms I know... :(

But I am more impressed by the lifting :)

Anyway, anyhow totally rocks. It feels like ornamenting myself with bells and chaining moves together in a creative manner.

I am testing auto-regulated practice by just setting and timer and let fresh & flawless guide me with bent press and hands & thighs lift. Your thread makes me think that freed from reps/sets schemes this is a great platform for 2HA. I will give it a try in about two weeks from now after I'll re-groove my movement and alignment.

@Shahaf Levin, @ShawnM, @Bret S., @Stuart Elliott, @Geoff Chafe, @takei, @MarkSch thank you very much gentlemen for the appreciation.

Awesome strength feat. That is serious time under tension. Great progress.
a minute of strength. On that day, I bent pressed the 60 the first time, and felt not bad. This was the third bent press with it. When I curled the 36kg up there is a slight sound, where almost dinner came back up into my throught, and the curl felt really slower, than it looks in the video. Then I gathered myself, to catch my breath a bit and ground out a relatively decent press. Then I just wanted to stay straight with it, with the least amount of trembling. Then the lowering of the 36kg to the ground got tough as I think I made the mistake, that I did not look to the sixty on my extended arm, as it started to shake a bit, as fatigue exponentially rose with every second. You see it then when my right hand is reaching to the heavy bell it was trembling or was it waving the bell? I just did not want to get buried by it...Then it is nice to see the lift and remembering how it felt.

Last edited:
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom