all posts post new thread

Strong Endurance What and when in the SE Universe

Do you need maintenance work while you are on a block? Especially Q&D push ups might need maintenance ?
I would argue that being better at pushups isn't the focus and therefore maintenance, while OK, doesn't seem necessary because you can return to pushups being not as good at them and simply adjust what you do as needed to reflect your current skill, fitness, etc.

-S-

Has anyone considered how to apply Built Strong to 6 week blocks?
BTS3 seems to taper volume wise in weeks 7 and 8 so this seems the best fit to me, just by running weeks 1 to 6. Partivularly as BTS3 is without any hinges (i.e. AXE hinges and Strength Aerobics in maintenance.)
Or perhaps just follow "What about my cardio" chapter from BTS Maximum and incorporate S&S and IC?

Has anyone considered how to apply Built Strong to 6 week blocks?
BTS3 seems to taper volume wise in weeks 7 and 8 so this seems the best fit to me, just by running weeks 1 to 6. Partivularly as BTS3 is without any hinges (i.e. AXE hinges and Strength Aerobics in maintenance.)
Or perhaps just follow "What about my cardio" chapter from BTS Maximum and incorporate S&S and IC?
SSE had an S&S Axe template, so that could be used with Maximum.

I myself let people do axe and BTS 3, otherwise too many hinges. Warm up on Axe day, build up with get ups until working bell (for me, 16,24,32) and then go in to the training

I myself let people do axe and BTS 3, otherwise too many hinges. Warm up on Axe day, build up with get ups until working bell (for me, 16,24,32) and then go in to the training
I think reducing the volume on upper body pulls or even eliminating them, could also be an option, if snatches or swings are used for AXE.

AXE Swings + BTS Squats + BTS Presses
(+ optional BTS Pulls with minimal volume)

@Pete L : If doing a 6 week cycle, I would do the following weeks from the template:
1,2,3,4,6,8 OR

This way you would have a match of harder and easier weeks.

Last edited:

Do you use this program for a long time or are you cycling blocks? If yes how long are blocks and how are other blocks?

If, for example, the squat is a strength exercise used in both leapfrogging phases; strength aerobics and strength training (ref "MMA" page 54), is additional maintenance volume required at a higher %RM during the strength aerobics phase?
Or is the strength aerobics squat volume adequate in this example?
Or does it depend on %RM used perhaps?

Back
Top Bottom