all posts post new thread

Strong Endurance What and when in the SE Universe

Jtminster

Level 1 Valued Member
At high level, can someone lay out what programs to use and when? For example axe then Q&D then hypertrophy.

Second ask, which programs are which? So what are Q&D, Axe and strength aerobics? Metal heart appears to be lots of volume and some of the hypertrophy programs are labeled as such, but not all.

Maybe it doesn’t matter the order? My goal is to understand if there is an order to programming for the year in the SE universe.

Axe- untill 40x6r EM (240 Reps) then
Q&D- for 12 weeks to make power easier then
MH- until 50x5+5 E30s (500 Reps) then
Go up 8KGs for men or 4KGs for Ladies
Do you need maintenance work while you are on a block? Especially Q&D push ups might need maintenance ?

At high level, can someone lay out what programs to use and when? For example axe then Q&D then hypertrophy.

Second ask, which programs are which? So what are Q&D, Axe and strength aerobics? Metal heart appears to be lots of volume and some of the hypertrophy programs are labeled as such, but not all.

Maybe it doesn’t matter the order? My goal is to understand if there is an order to programming for the year in the SE universe.
What are you doing at the moment? That can give us an idea as to what we can recommend

What are you doing at the moment? That can give us an idea as to what we can recommend
Having achieved Timeless Simple I’m now on three days of speed metal, 2 days press ladders and get ups 5 days.

At 12 weeks do I deload and continue, or switch up to another variation, IC, LCCJ or something else? Not exactly clear what the path forward is.

Reactions: Ege
What do you mean by maintenance?
As far as I understand, some qualities/adaptations which are deemphasized during a block is meant to keep at maintenance level, meaning you should do some work on the skills to maintain them(From Strong Endurance Express). Am I wrong? Especially Q&D if one does the push up plan, is not a pattern that is used in other blocks.

Last edited:

If you are a layperson, it does not really matter, I think. All build strength and are good for endurance and mitochondria.

If you need specific qualities for something else (work, a sport etc.), then it is more a matter of what type of intensity you need for your endeavour. The idea of Strong Endurance is to build endurance at the desired intensity level. So what do you need or want to get out of it?

Just a few exampkes of how I picture this:
Longer duration but moderate strength demands? --> Metal Heart (060, Step Ups, 025, ...)
Higher explosiveness and maybe more muscle? --> Q&D
High force without hypertrophy? --> AXE with lower reps or even singles.

When in doubt, go AXE.

Having achieved Timeless Simple I’m now on three days of speed metal, 2 days press ladders and get ups 5 days.

At 12 weeks do I deload and continue, or switch up to another variation, IC, LCCJ or something else? Not exactly clear what the path forward is.
Do you have a goal in mind for the next 3 months? That would be a guide..

Personally I would go the IC+AXE route or IC+044 snatch route

I’m a layperson but live a pretty active lifestyle. I don’t have any short term goals other than stronger and more endurance and in that order.

My long term goals are snatch the 24 100X in 5 minutes and half body weight press. But i know which programs to run over time to get there. It’s the strong endurance part thats a little foggy for me. Some really great suggestions here, just gotta dive in.

Any additional suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I’m a layperson but live a pretty active lifestyle. I don’t have any short term goals other than stronger and more endurance and in that order.

My long term goals are snatch the 24 100X in 5 minutes and half body weight press. But i know which programs to run over time to get there. It’s the strong endurance part thats a little foggy for me. Some really great suggestions here, just gotta dive in.

You sound like you already know but Rite of Passage was pretty much designed to obtain both of those goals.

As far as SE goes, a block of AXE followed by a block of Q&D, rinse and repeat. That plus Iron Cardio during both is how I'm prepping for the SFG. Not going until next year so I have lots of time, but so far I'm very pleased with the progress.

So, from my perspective of being a lay person, it seems to me that the overall importance of having some goal is a little bit higher than what that goal is in particular.

So, if you want to Chase the snatch test, I would look to SPEED METAL, and any articles and posts you can find from @Derek Toshner.​
If you want to Chase the half body weight press, I would look to VICTORIOUS kettlebell course, and any articles on working up to pressing, including anything by @Fabio Zonin.​

I think, that , as a generalist running generalist programs, almost any order will do. Tweak your selections based on your goals. Look to the guidance that's already out there that keeps you aimed at your goals. Bias your training ina certain direction that you want to improve. And I think you'll do very well.

Thanks everyone, lots of great advice. Going to work through all of them and find what suits me.

Do you need maintenance work while you are on a block? Especially Q&D push ups might need maintenance ?
because Q&D is more different then the other 2. You could always do Q&D once a week for maintenance while on the othere protocols.
Or just do 044- SA KBS and focus on another press

Reactions: Ege
Back
Top Bottom