all posts post new thread

Off-Topic What made you settle down where you did?

Still haven’t figured it out. Have lived in lots of places including six countries. Last place was for ten years, the longest ever by (way too) far. Unfortunately wasn’t where we wanted to be. After I retired we still hadn’t decided on a new place, so we sold the house, stored our stuff and set out for parts to be determined. Right now we’re in England with a carry-on and backpack each. Imagine we’ll settle at some point, somewhere.

I’ve been in southern middle Tn within a 30 mile radius my entire life. I despise the heat and humidity of summers here.
I love the quiet, small town country life.
If could move anywhere it would be the wide open spaces of the West; Rocks, trees, mountains, and water required.
I pull a camper out West every year to Yellowstone, Grand Tetons , Glacier NP, Rocky Mountain NP.
But alas, I guess I will be content with this because all four of my kids live here and I have 14 going on 15 grandkids and I am very involved in most of their daily life; this I would not trade for anything.

I found a place that seemed fairly likely to get multiple work assignments nearby and that was affordable, and if needed I could easily travel to from elsewhere. At the same time, rental was a bad experience and my kids needed stability for education.

It’s not the dream; that’s a hill farm, but professionally a hill farm is not yet viable!

Back
Top Bottom