all posts post new thread

what metrics to document for 10k Swing Challenge

The materials are rather inexpensive and plates are a lot less $$ per pound than the same weight kettlebell.

Oh yeah, I guess you could make one of those pretty easily! omg I think I might try the 10k swing challenge later this year. I remember Bryce Lane used to have instruction for making them, but I'm sure they're easy to google. I think Budd Jeffries did his 100lbs weight loss / 10k swing journey with a homemade t-handle loaded up with crazy amounts of weights.

If all you want to do is swings, the home made t-bar is a great solution. Especially for the heavier stuff.

With smaller weights, paired kettlebells are great. Use a pair of 12kg KB for example. Mentally that might make using heavier KB’s achievable for some.

Last edited:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

You'll see results if you watch your diet.

I've did Dan's program and to tell you the truth, 20 rounds of 500 swings a day isn't my cup of tea.

I saw fantastic quick results from 10,000 swings in 10 days. Which I've done 3-4 times. Could bang out sets of 40-50 with 24, 32 much easier than when I started. Grip improved, conditioning was awesome. Recommended for pre-vacation shred.
The diet is going to be the “easy” thing for me. I’ve done the “velocity diet” a couple times with great results each time. Paired with the 10k KB challenge though, it should be spectacular. The body recomp is the easy thing to measure in all this.

I’ve read several of your replies in the other related threads about the 10K challenge. It’s an interesting idea, but I’m not ready for 10k in 10 days. Maybe another day. For now, my sights are set on the 5 week plan.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom