all posts post new thread

What music do you listen to when you train?

I listen to mostly classical music when I’m lifting. Something I picked up from my grandad. Great to keep the mind from wandering, calm enough that I’m not going to be so amped up that I gut out an extra few squats / presses and need an extra day of recovery.

Five finger death punch, disturbed and classic rock all get thrown on before training / during the warm up if I need a kick to get me going

Didn’t realise that StrongFirst community has a lot of TOOL fans !!….. Very Cool !!!

I listen to music and the kind of music depending on my mood. EDM, Rock, or Metal when I listen. EDM is more generic and don’t have too much of a preference, so I run any generic playlist on Apple Music. Rock and Metal, I’m a bit more specific. More recently I’ve been revisiting Death, Edge of Sanity, The Faceless, and Necrophagist.
I don’t know anyone who doesn’t like Tool!

From 24 minutes, it's one of the most beautiful things ever composed.

One of the most intellectual (lyrics), progressive and violent metal bands. Metallica and Slayer look like little kids compared to that.
2 of their albums were honored as the best metal albums of the year by Terrorizer.

From 24 minutes, it's one of the most beautiful things ever composed.

One of the most intellectual (lyrics), progressive and violent metal bands. Metallica and Slayer look like little kids compared to that.
2 of their albums were honored as the best metal albums of the year by Terrorizer.

Be careful listening to that or it'll put you in a Liftspell Omega.

Caveman Training does some good compilations on the Tube, ad free. Otherwise it’s Tool or similar stuff.

WPO baby!

But it is more feds tend to allow judges to get lax to set records and get their name and videos out there. IPF had a reputation for a while too.
Which is everything that's wrong with powerlifting imo. Lol What's the use in having rules if they're just thrown out the window if the weight is heavy enough? To me a 1000 lb squat should be judged the same as a 300 lb squat.

Last edited:
WPO baby!

But it is more feds tend to allow judges to get lax to set records and get their name and videos out there. IPF had a reputation for a while too.

First one is good for me...I mean all that range of motion

Back
Top Bottom