all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed What programme are you currently doing (and why?)

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Kozushi

Level 7 Valued Member
I thought this would be an interesting question to ask. I listed the programmes I think are the major SF ones, since I can only have so many choices in the poll.

3-5 sets of 3-5 reps of major lifts. Add some swings. I'm currently concentrating on military presses to be ready to press the beast when I get it.

No program at the moment. Just returned to BJJ, 3-4 days a week. I'll probably just do S&S with bodyweight training tossed in for a little balance and extra conditioning.

I am doing PTTP style barbell training, with some correctives, grip, and torso added to fill out an allotted hour. My goal is to effectively build back a decent level of strength, and movement. I am liking Easy Strength principles for safe steady almost daily progress, and time efficient practice. Right now I am able to take an hour most days, but soon I will just have to get in my work sets with minimal other work. I can do a PTTP style practice in about 35-40min when necessary.

I currently run a lot. Also doing mobilization techniques from Dr Starrett's book and working on stretching (aiming on "split").

I am currently doing S&S, after going into overtraining with RoP. Three days a week I add the Deep Six in the evening. I plan to revert back to RoP end of April, beginning of May, and continue my preparation for the SFG certification beginning of October in England.

Mma conditioning by Joel Jamieson, currently on the aeorobic block. Trying it out as a way to organize different cycles.

Currently playing around on the rings more than anything right now. 2x a week BJJ, and if I don't do a third BJJ day I do either an S&S session or EMOM of snatch just slowly building up that volume. With no SFG in the near future for me, putting that goal on hold and making use of the time to practice on the rings.

Using a double KB FSQ at 3 sets of 5 between ring drills to maintain some lower body work. Experimenting with mixes of arm bars, windmills or full get-ups in my warmup.

PTTP overhead press & daily dose deadlift.

Already finished one PTTP press cycle this year which was great. Two sessions left on this one and then I'm probably just going to take a break from pressing.

Naked Warrior plus swings and jump rope 2-3 days a week as is recommended in the faq for doing the program over a long term basis

Simple & Sinister. Why? Before starting S&S I was a couch potato. Two moving parts (three if you count the goblet squat, as I do) is enough to meet my initial goal of general physical preparedness. I consider achieving Simple the platform from which I can pursue other strength programs. Probably RoP next, or PttP with overhead press and deadlift.

Block cycling PTTP and S&S, adding gtg pistols a few days a week. This is really just an experiment and I'm curious as to how it will work out. I met the simple goal using this method and I imagine I will be able to get my Deadlift where I want in a month or two.

Block cycling PTTP and S&S, adding gtg pistols a few days a week. This is really just an experiment and I'm curious as to how it will work out. I met the simple goal using this method and I imagine I will be able to get my Deadlift where I want in a month or two.
@Ivan Merl, please post in the "I Achieved Simple ..." thread if you haven't already, and congratulations on achieving Simple.

-S-

Currently Rop, although not the Rite of Passage, more like the Ravenous Overeating Protocol. And, not intending to cycle into a 1/2 bodyweight press just yet.....so etk ladders for pressing and snatching. Recovery is more of a focus now the volume and food have exponentially increased. I've dropped the pull ups too as it was getting a bit too heavy. Got a nice 60 presses per arm this heavy day afternoon.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom