all posts post new thread

Kettlebell What to pair with "Chinese Food for Pressing gains"?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

lais817

Level 7 Valued Member
Hi all, I'm doing a bit of a look ahead with my training for the end of the year. We'll be spending around 2 weeks at the in laws, and probably spending a fair bit of time just staying at their house. I'm wanting to up my 1RM press strength, so want to run Chinese Food for Rapid Pressing Gains | StrongFirst since I'll have plenty of chances for GTG reps.

I'm not sure what to pair it with however, my initial thought was S&S with the same bell (24kg), which I presently don't own timed. I figured if I'm doing a bunch of heavy presses I should avoid programs which also involve presses, yes? I'll be finishing up Easy Muscle schedule A within a week or so of leaving for their place in early Dec with 2x16kg, 24kg is currently my 1RM on RHS, can't get past the sticking point on LHS with it, so I figure it'll likely be good to go at the end of Easy muscle.

Thoughts?

Hi all, I'm doing a bit of a look ahead with my training for the end of the year. We'll be spending around 2 weeks at the in laws, and probably spending a fair bit of time just staying at their house. I'm wanting to up my 1RM press strength, so want to run Chinese Food for Rapid Pressing Gains | StrongFirst since I'll have plenty of chances for GTG reps.

I'm not sure what to pair it with however, my initial thought was S&S with the same bell (24kg), which I presently don't own timed. I figured if I'm doing a bunch of heavy presses I should avoid programs which also involve presses, yes? I'll be finishing up Easy Muscle schedule A within a week or so of leaving for their place in early Dec with 2x16kg, 24kg is currently my 1RM on RHS, can't get past the sticking point on LHS with it, so I figure it'll likely be good to go at the end of Easy muscle.

Thoughts?
Swings and squats would be a way to round things out. Pull-ups if you can and have access to something to pull-up on.

Thoughts?
DFSQ

So I've got DKFS, Cleans and rows/pullups. What about some Iron Cardio with no press, but with aclean, squat, R then L and then either renegade row or pullups?

@Brett Jones ?

So I've got DKFS, Cleans and rows/pullups. What about some Iron Cardio with no press, but with aclean, squat, R then L and then either renegade row or pullups?

@Brett Jones ?
An Iron Cardio of traveling 2's single bell or double bell:
{Clean x 2 Squat x 1 Clean x 1 + 2 pullups}
next sets of
{clean + squat x 2 + clean + 2 pull-ups}
{clean + squat + clean x 2 + 2 pull-ups}

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom