all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Which GN program gave you the most results?

Most enjoyable: Kettlebell Wod

You will go through every KB movement from the most basic (swing, TGU, carries) to the advanced (double Sn).

I have it when it was originally released. You'll like it.

My wife ran it years ago and it was good variety to get her moving..
Thanks for the encouraging comments.

I've really spent most of my (brief) kb time with swings and some GUs.

What should I be comfortable doing before I start WOD??

Yep, get squared away on the Big 6, then Push Press, Jerk, Windmill, Bent Press, and Dbls. where appropriate. Enough variety and spreading the load for basically forever.
Thanks, Don
I was hoping to tap into your vast library of links to videos for some reliable training vids.

Thanks, Don
I was hoping to tap into your vast library of links to videos for some reliable training vids.
Yeah Man, I contemplated it. Are you able to get any quality, one on one, in person instruction from a real live human being ?
Not trying to be a smart a$$ btw, but I forget you particulars on the subject.

Yeah Man, I contemplated it. Are you able to get any quality, one on one, in person instruction from a real live human being ?
Not trying to be a smart a$$ btw, but I forget you particulars on the subject.
Unfortunately, not really. There are no trainers in Jerusalem. The nearest one is a good hour away, and my schedule doesn't really allow for that in general.

I've done ok with the swing, squat (goblet), GU (from the S&S book and forum feedback), and played some with c&p.
I'm a careful learner.

Unfortunately, not really. There are no trainers in Jerusalem. The nearest one is a good hour away, and my schedule doesn't really allow for that in general.

I've done ok with the swing, squat (goblet), GU (from the S&S book and forum feedback), and played some with c&p.
I'm a careful learner.
Understood. Your current bell collection and/or access ?

I'm a careful learner.
If your single arm swing is solid, you can snatch, just finish by your ear instead of out in front. Start with this.

I'm a careful learner.
I went from S&S to single C&P, got hooked and ran Giant 3.0, then strong dbl C&P and now getting close to finishing Strong phase 2.

C&P is a great all round movement with good results but also reasonably easy to learn.

Started (and got hooked on Geoff's programs) with his freebie 12 week muscle building. Followed it with the beta test of Maximorum which gave some great results but beat me up a bit with the 4x a week schedule. Am working my way through the Giant now (about to start 1.2) and am absolutely loving it and feel and look so much better. So far, that's my fave out of the 3 I've tried. Took him up on his offer last month and grabbed his sore joint solution/365 and am adding in the SJS on rest days which seems to be helping too. Think I may be on the Giant for a while yet before having a look at 365.

Did the Giant and Strong. The Giant was with a single bell and Strong got me started with doubles. Really liked them both but if I had to just pick one its Strong. Both got me stronger and more fit but I just really like knowing Strongs set rep scheme and the Strong videos are fantastic!

Regards Paul

Last edited:

I'm a careful learner.
Looks like you'll need to rely on a periodic virtual session then...

for Strength- DFW for sure.
-only downside for me is I found it beat me up a bit. After years of experimenting, my body/joints don’t love heavy loads, at least not 3 x/week.

For hypertrophy- Giant.
-only downside is the hypertrophy is quite localized (shoulders, traps, forearms). I like all those places though!

For conditioning- LCOD/KSK/Giant with single kg, or Any tough complex from MKM.

Back
Top Bottom