Which would you recommend?

Michael Scott

Quadruple-Digit Post Count
To all on here that are far more knowledgeable than myself, I have a question for you.

First off, I am not nearly as limber as I should be, or as I want to be, at age 50 and overweight. I cannot touch my toes. I have tried the "bretzel", and that is not in my immediate future.

So, what I am looking for is guidance, to point me towards a book to guide me, along with my S&S, to progress to better overall health.

Would Flexible Steel, or Super Joints be a better place to begin? Or, is there another book that would be better to begin with? I do know basic stretching, but I am looking for more of an overall a program that I can incorporate into my daily routine to become more flexible. Thank you in advance for your advice & suggestions.

Steve Freides

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Senior Certified Instructor
If one book, Flexible Steel. If two books, Flexible Steel and Relax Into Stretch _or_ Super Joints. If three books, Flexible Steel, Super Joints, and R.I.S.

If three books, read R.I.S. first, then S.J., then F.S.

-S-

offwidth

More than 5000 posts
To all on here that are far more knowledgeable than myself, I have a question for you.

First off, I am not nearly as limber as I should be, or as I want to be, at age 50 and overweight. I cannot touch my toes. I have tried the "bretzel", and that is not in my immediate future.

So, what I am looking for is guidance, to point me towards a book to guide me, along with my S&S, to progress to better overall health.

Would Flexible Steel, or Super Joints be a better place to begin? Or, is there another book that would be better to begin with? I do know basic stretching, but I am looking for more of an overall a program that I can incorporate into my daily routine to become more flexible. Thank you in advance for your advice & suggestions.
Exactly what @Steve Freides said.
I try to incorporate at least some elements from SJ/FS, RIS, on an almost daily basis. The stuff works...

Michael Scott

I think I will start with Flexible Steel & Super Joints, those sound like a good place to start based on the reviews & overviews. Thank you both for the recommendations.

Tobias Wissmueller

I think I will start with Flexible Steel & Super Joints, those sound like a good place to start based on the reviews & overviews. Thank you both for the recommendations.
@Steve Freides summed it up perfectly. Had a similar question some while ago and started a thread on that as well. In the end it came down to those three books. Today I am starting practicing a couple of drills from Flexible Steel that I want to make part of my daily life.

Top Bottom